Quantcast

old Schwinn—how to sell?

Discussion in 'Cross Country, All Mountain & Trail Riding' started by djd, Jun 23, 2008.

1. djd New Member

Rep  |  Likes:
    0   |   0
    Hey--I found an old Schwinn coaster, single-speed, that's too heavy for me to ride. It's a bit rusty w/ dented fenders, and it needs new tires and tubes. Otherwise (my friend checked it out) it's rideable. The bike store guy says Schwinn hasn't made this style of gear wheel since the 1940s at least.

How much should I charge? Where can I sell it? Sure, someone would buy it for cheap to truck around town (Boston) but really I'd rather sell it to someone who's into ancient Schwinns and would dig it properly.
  2. 46chief New Member

Rep  |  Likes:
    0   |   0
    google it, theres a ton of vintage bike people out there, ebay is a good place to see what people pay for vintage bikes

post some pics
  3. -dustin boring

Rep  |  Likes:
    0   |   0
    is it a Chicago Schwinn?
  4. PsychO!1 New Member

Rep  |  Likes:
    0   |   0
    Team PsychO!, not just a clever team name.
    You can determine the year and model of the bike from the serial number. Check around online and you should find something to help you figure out what you have. From there it shouldn't be too tough to detrmine it estimated value.
  5. djd New Member

Rep  |  Likes:
    0   |   0

The serial number appears to be S317106. -- oh, I found it on the underside of the mechanism that holds the pedals, just a few inches from the ground.
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2008