Quantcast

Old Bikes Not Forgotten

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Last night I got a nice surprise. There was a kid at the local short track race on a Titus Racer X. On closer inspection, I realized it was my old bike I'd sold a couple years ago! Titus was my first real sponsor back in the day and that was my first real race bike. Good to know she's still in the scene. :thumb:

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Glad to hear it's still ripping. I have a soft spot for bikes that have some longevity.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
The bike industry is constantly pushing the newest/latest... promising that you'll ride better/faster/farther/have more fun, etc. Much of it is questionable, but it's lead to a somewhat skewed perception of what is "old."

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The bike industry is constantly pushing the newest/latest... promising that you'll ride better/faster/farther/have more fun, etc. Much of it is questionable, but it's lead to a somewhat skewed perception of what is "old."
When I first started riding bikes were heavy and unreliable, every year things got better and better. I upgraded whenever something better came around. About 2007 I bult my first bike that worked ****ing great. Have only bought parts to replace broken ones, don't see the need to upgrade ever again.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
When I first started riding bikes were heavy and unreliable, every year things got better and better. I upgraded whenever something better came around. About 2007 I bult my first bike that worked ****ing great. Have only bought parts to replace broken ones, don't see the need to upgrade ever again.
When did you start riding bikes?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
When did you start riding bikes?
Been obsessed with bikes since '79. Got serious about MTBs about '92. My previous post was mainly about suspension technology. BMX and road bikes have ****ing great for a long time.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Been obsessed with bikes since '79. Got serious about MTBs about '92. My previous post was mainly about suspension technology. BMX and road bikes have ****ing great for a long time.
I gotcha. My preference is definitely towards the hardtail end of the spectrum... and imo that has been worked out for quite some time :)

Full suspension on the other hand... :rant: