Quantcast

++++++-Oh Look Another Monday-++++++

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
55F and breezy. going to be in the mid 80s here all week.

Wifey made it from Los Angeles to home in 4.5 hours, me think she ignored the 70mph limit on I5 :rofl:

need to finish my espresso and head off to get my first dialysis transport of the morning.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Was able to squeeze a ride with a friend yesterday. Had to max out rebound on the Pike, another trip to S4 in my future. Still waiting for my Float X to return from warranty. Western chunks seemed to have messed up my suspensions.

In other news... Menopausal spousal unit had another terrible night, which translates into me having a terrible night. Starting to understand why some couples have separate bedrooms. :think:

Was able to squeeze a ride with a friend yesterday. Had to max out rebound on the Pike, another trip to S4 in my future. Still waiting for my Float X to return from warranty. Western chunks seemed to have messed up my suspensions.

In other news... Menopausal spousal unit had another terrible night, which translates into me having a terrible night. Starting to understand why some couples have separate bedrooms. :think:
This too shall pass...

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello, friends! 3700 yard swim done. Those swims would probably go better if I ate something first, but I can't just roll out of bed and eat food. I will pedal the KICKR later at some point.

WFH day and got shit to do. My two day off request for Monkeyfest has been approved.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
:wave: :dead:

Critical issue at work this morning, which no picked up and called about for 7 hours. No matter how many times I tell them, sure open a ticket, but call someone. Especially at night when no one is looking work email stuff. Oh well...

Also today, someone approved for half of our team to be off, all on the same day. New supervisor early last week asked if I'd be cool covering him while he's out - which I said yup no problem. Then later he sprung that on everything - gee thanks....

ANYWAYS.... coffeeing it now and pushing keyboard keys.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Up early to rip out insulation. Stuff was packed with turds, pee, and even a mummified baby mouse. Glad to have that gone, I can't imagine it was healthy having that stuff circulating in the air.

Now to fix all the things that have been uncovered. Ducts to support, water pipes to insulate, wires to secure, lights to be re-run, etc...

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hallo
feeling sick today. Started saturday and I thought it was lack of sleep/early wakeup courtesy of children and staying up late. Went to bed early but woke sunday feeling good only to have it dissipate in the afternoon which degraded into feeling wrecked by 3. Went to bed early and woke up still feeling lightheaded and tired. Hoping this will pass, no rides this weekend and I miss my time out of the house.

Plenty of good stuff on netflix/yootoob tho. Watched the cry baby hill crits yesterday while resting.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
It rained cats and dogs last night. And no, they did not get along.

Trails around here have been closed for so long due to all the unusual moisture. But hey, maybe no forest fires, then? I won't hold my breathe.

Go Nuggets! (that's Denver's pro basketball team. They should win the finals tonight for the first time EVAR)

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Going into the office today, so yay! Waste of fucking time, but here we are.
i, too, am in "the office" today. but as I have a resident to read out (which means going over their cases with drafted reports, either both at a workstation or more awkwardly via Teams screen sharing) then it kinda makes sense. at least I can and did ride in.
My two day off request for Monkeyfest has been approved.
were you the one who approved it or what

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
oldest nephew is chigger bait at a scout camp until mid august....

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Looks like a tiny town sort of close to is going to build a new pump track and skate park.

Just sent an email asking if it'll be paved and if Velosolutions is doing it. Fingers crossed...

Our town has another dirt jump and pump track spot, but its gated and sometimes closed at random. The pump track is also so poorly designed its basically not really a pump track and its not paved, so its a nightmare to maintain - which they don't want just any joe blow off the street trying to help with.

Looks like a tiny town sort of close to is going to build a new pump track and skate park.

Just sent an email asking if it'll be paved and if Velosolutions is doing it. Fingers crossed...

Our town has another dirt jump and pump track spot, but its gated and sometimes closed at random. The pump track is also so poorly designed its basically not really a pump track and its not paved, so its a nightmare to maintain - which they don't want just any joe blow off the street trying to help with.
HBD!

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
#hospitallife. but not the toshi kind. no real updates. kiddo did poop today, which was good, but also threw up some bile last night, so they're waiting until they test on weds to see if the repair is holding before feeding him anything.

going home a few times per day to check on the 17yo and the dogs. gonna try to do some work but not feeling super motivated. realized i'll probably miss the opening on friday in georgia of a show i organized. oh well.

want to go for a ride at some point to clear my head, but also feel kinda guilty/weird thinking about that. hrmf.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
#hospitallife. but not the toshi kind. no real updates. kiddo did poop today, which was good, but also threw up some bile last night, so they're waiting until they test on weds to see if the repair is holding before feeding him anything.

going home a few times per day to check on the 17yo and the dogs. gonna try to do some work but not feeling super motivated. realized i'll probably miss the opening on friday in georgia of a show i organized. oh well.

want to go for a ride at some point to clear my head, but also feel kinda guilty/weird thinking about that. hrmf.
oof. I can sorta relate to the mental bit, having gone through many, many "what if?" situations wrt the dude who thankfully only minorly tapped my 4 year old off of her bike last week.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Well my best lead on a job finally got back to me and the COO said he did not have the time to onboard me at the moment. Not a we do not like you but just not at the moment. Not a great job market at the moment.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes

i missed something. hope you are ok

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
i missed something. hope you are ok
'tis his kid. took the end of the handlebar to the midsection and ruptured his duodenum. heli ride to hospital, surgery, feeding tube, now waiting bowel function it sounds like.