Quantcast

NW road trip - CO/MT/OR/ID/MT monkies

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I'm thinking about planning a couple week road trip to ride this summer. Starting in Seattle, looping through the NW, maybe as far south/east as Colorado, and then back up. Route totally TBD. Where should I go? Who wants to show me around? I'd be bringing both a trail bike and a DH rig.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
hmmm....wyoming/montana....ususal suspects.....glacier/teton/yellowstone....brozeman is nice....if you make it to colorado....go south and west.....idaho....driven through...beautiful but didn't have time to stop....will be fucking around in southwestern oregon in september for a week before fucking around in yosemite for a week......

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
In Colorado, Crested Butte and Salida are two places to check out. Phils World in Cortez is a fun trail system and always good for a day. SLC has Bobsled and The Wasatch Trail.

Early or late summer?

You could spend weeks in colorado alone!

Hunter

Monkey
Sep 14, 2006
The Right coast
Come pick me up and I'll go with you.

These may be already in your bag, but biking up and around Mt St Helens was pretty cool. I liked the town of Anacortes WA and their community forest trails. Can't got wrong riding on the Olympic peninsula too. Hiking the rainforest was pretty amazing.

SW Utah was top notch. Lots around Hurricane, and a short drive up to Bryce Canyon or Cedar City.

I rode Buffalo Creek in CO a while back. Top notch.