Quantcast

Nursing graduation...

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Went to one last night. Holy god! Looking at the people graduating... 75% of them are straight out of the trailer park. Makes me scared to go to the hospital.

I saw an epic front-butt to walrus chin on a closet goth chick... crazy. There was also a dude in a black formal looking shirt that had camouflage shoulder patches, and he had a jerry-curl/mullet/ponytail. Then of course there was the guy behind me bragging to his family about how he was going to successfully achieve tax fraud.

That type of crap was everywhere.

Oh yeah... the 4 foot butch lesbian was pretty good. Walked and talked in a fake deep voice like a man, but clearly was not.

Classy graduation to be sure.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
We had a guy where I work, grade A colossal fvck up. He had an amazing ability to turn even the most simple job into a catastrophe that took 3 or 4 other people to straighten out. Every plane he touched was a potential smoking hole. His last name was Dunaway, and we used to joke about how there were three ways to get a job done, The right way, the wrong way, and the Dunaway. When he finally quit the collective relief in the hangar was marred only by the news that he was entering nursing school. Heard not too long ago that he had graduated and is working at one of the local hospitals. :yikes: I guess the good news is that hes only gonna kill one person at a time now instead of the 50-70 people at once he would have killed if he had stayed in aviation.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Another thing... they were all talking about effort and lives on hold, families went through hell, and how nursing school was pure education hell. It was 2 years... that's it! WTF is so hard about nursing school?

I crammed 2 degrees into 4.5 years, had to train to maintain my athletic scholarship and had a job the whole time. And I never considered myself in hell. Now, my old ad agency job was hell, made college look like a cake walk.

Last edited:

Sghost

Turbo Monkey
Jul 13, 2008
NY
Went to one last night. Holy god! Looking at the people graduating... 75% of them are straight out of the trailer park. Makes me scared to go to the hospital.

I saw an epic front-butt to walrus chin on a closet goth chick... crazy. There was also a dude in a black formal looking shirt that had camouflage shoulder patches, and he had a jerry-curl/mullet/ponytail. Then of course there was the guy behind me bragging to his family about how he was going to successfully achieve tax fraud.

That type of crap was everywhere.

Oh yeah... the 4 foot butch lesbian was pretty good. Walked and talked in a fake deep voice like a man, but clearly was not.

Classy graduation to be sure.
:rolleyes:

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
My sister in law is a nurse. She was a stripper straight out of high school then sponged off of her mom for 10 years in many failed attempts at nursing school. Finally became a nurse a couple years ago. I wouldn't let that dumb bitch put a band aide on a dead horse for fear of her fvcking it up

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Having dated a few nurses out here in so cal, I respectfully disagree with you. They were no only competent, but very easy on the eyes.

Once you get into the 909 however, different story.

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
Having dated a few nurses out here in so cal, I respectfully disagree with you. They were no only competent, but very easy on the eyes.

Once you get into the 909 however, different story.
I took anatomy and physiology with a lot of the nursing students and my experience was much more similar to yours. Perhaps because it was a four year university instead of a two year school?

However, it was amazing how many of them smoked. Easily double what you'd see in other classes.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Working as an ICU nurse...

I'd say it's an easy 50/50 split between smoking hot and "People of Walmart" fugly. For some reason, there isn't really a ton of middle ground. Most of the fatties tend to be cardiac nurses, or nutritionists. Really. I don't get it, either.

The learning curve after school, is way steeper than when actually in school.

There are a few folks in my unit that are a bit on the rough edged side, but they know their **** when things get ugly.

Off to work in a few minutes!

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
You know the difference between a VA nurse and a bullet, right?

1. A bullet works fast.
2. A bullet only kills one person at a time.
3. You can fire a bullet.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
At least it wasn't a graduation ceremony for Steve's School of Cosmetology and Therapeutic Message. At least the nurses stand a chance at a job after school.

I look at all the fugly chicks I went to high school with and 90% of them went into nursing.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
i had an assfull of nurses in the past few months. they either don't speak or understand english, don't care, don't care about their waist size, or some combo of those. i'm guessing that wearing chub-hiding scrubs to work contributes to the ignorance of fat cells in the ass department.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I must say, when I served my time at Penrose St. Francis I had not one awful or hideous looking nurse. Couple older ladies, couple of normal looking 30-40 somethings, and two :brows:. Shocking number of smokers though, you'd think a nurse would know better.