Quantcast

Nuke Proof seatpost - any users? opinions?

CombatSanta

Chimp
May 28, 2007
JamRock
I have one and the claimed weight was accurate (according to my crappy scale).

Cant say that much about it other than that it does the job :)

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
I am a little bit concerned, because there were some issues with Nuke's h-bars.

Their pedals are HT, in fact, but pricier. HT are good.
The seatpost is probably from catalogue, as well. Which is not necessarily bad.

Santa, not problems with s-post head? No tilting? Squicking, noises? Are rails well supported?

CombatSanta

Chimp
May 28, 2007
JamRock
I only used it last season and it was a pretty slow season for me and no major crashes. And i dont have that many other seatposts to compare with, so im not that good of a judge :)

But i didnt have any problems at all with it, but then again i did not notice any problem with the NukeProof H-Bar (what was the problem people had with it?)

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
Thx, Santa.
The problem with h-bars was that they bent :| w/o crash. Just hard riding/landing.

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
A friend of mine managed to squizze a bit local Nuke Proof distributor, and it has appeared that 30,9x400mm s-post is 260g. Moreover, he didn't get expected discount, so I'll keep my Giant Connect SL seatpost for a while :)

A friend of mine managed to squizze a bit local Nuke Proof distributor, and it has appeared that 30,9x400mm s-post is 260g. Moreover, he didn't get expected discount, so I'll keep my Giant Connect SL seatpost for a while :)

Bearing in mind the Thompson equivalent is 263g, I think the NukeProof alternative looks good, but only if it's cheaper (on CRC the nukeproof is more than a Thomson!!)
From - http://www.lhthomson.com/elite_sizes.asp
30.9 diameter by 410mm long 263 grams

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
Yes, the weight is similar, indeed.
But, I would have to cut it to 270-280mm, anyway.
Thomson's 30,9x287 is 209g.
Somehow, I don't believe cut Nuke's seatpost would be so light, as well.
Why? Because Nuke's 27,2x400mm claimed weight is 235g. More than 50g lighther than similar size Thomson.

Eurotrash

Monkey
Mar 2, 2002
I am a little bit concerned, because there were some issues with Nuke's h-bars.

Their pedals are HT, in fact, but pricier. HT are good.
The seatpost is probably from catalogue, as well. Which is not necessarily bad.

Santa, not problems with s-post head? No tilting? Squicking, noises? Are rails well supported?
What do you mean by HT?

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
The reason why I asked about opinions about Nuke's s-post was expectation of low weight and good price from local distributor. None off these realized ;(
;)