Quantcast

Not finished, but purdy anyhow!

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Looks damn nice! Please please please write a short comparative review of that and the Sunday.

Mountain_Dewd

Monkey
May 30, 2005
whis
id hit it.

I really want one, but can't jusitfy it by any means.

Its gonna be really interesting to see how they hold up too, whats the weight on the production versions anyways?

Bikerpunk241

Monkey
Sep 28, 2001
I'll let you know about the comparison on the Sunday. Frame weight, 9.6 with steel spring.....same weight as large works with ti-spring.

snowskilz

xblue attacked piggy won
May 15, 2004
rado
looks hot! We'll have to match yours and mikes up at a race and see which one is lighter.

What are you spec'ing it with?

Bikerpunk241

Monkey
Sep 28, 2001
Fork: Boxxer Team (couldn't afford the WC)
HS: e-13 reducer FSA Orbit Carbon
Stem: E-13 direct
Hbar: Truvativ Holzfeller 35mm rise
Shifter: X.9 Trigger
Brakes: Juicy 7 203mm F&R
Grips: ODI Ruffian
Cranks: Holzfeller 170mm w/ 38t ring
BB: Howitzer Team
Chainguide: E-13 srs (I have a problem with my bb meeting the ground)
Der: X.9
Cass/Chain: PC and PG 990's
Tires: Minion DHF 26x2.5 3c
Tube: welter weight
Wheels: Ringle single track 150x12 rear
Pedals: Flatboys

Not exactly light, but not heavy either....I estimate it at 40 even.

Ozzer

Monkey
Dec 21, 2003
Life Ends at 619
A $5 and derailluer (sp) cable bet it's going to be 41#

I have enduro tires and tubeless and I'm down to 38 lbs. Any lighter than this the bike will ride really stupid.

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
I love the color in the pictures. I'm a sucker for an orange colored bike anyways...

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
So is it the Hot rod orange, or a different color?

I want a Socom real bad, only problem is I have no real use for it.

dh_newbie

Monkey
Jun 7, 2006
Hong Kong
.....Test it and give us the ride report....I have one friend who also riding Socom and he feel the brake jack which affect very seriously..I also want to know does it true or not!

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
.....Test it and give us the ride report....I have one friend who also riding Socom and he feel the brake jack which affect very seriously..I also want to know does it true or not!
I think your friend is imagining things. I ride an uzzi, which has identical suspension, and have never noticed a bit of brake jack. Plus the thousands of other people with M3s and uzzi's that have never complained about it. Tell him to get off the brakes.

Also, Its Intense Red, the flash just makes it look orangey.

Bikerpunk241

Monkey
Sep 28, 2001
I think your friend is imagining things. I ride an uzzi, which has identical suspension, and have never noticed a bit of brake jack. Plus the thousands of other people with M3s and uzzi's that have never complained about it. Tell him to get off the brakes.

Also, Its Intense Red, the flash just makes it look orangey.
It's funny because it show's you who's reading posts, and who just looks at the pretty pictures.....:busted:

The hubs, like the wheels :shocked: are ringle.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
It's funny because it show's you who's reading posts, and who just looks at the pretty pictures.....:busted:

The hubs, like the wheels :shocked: are ringle.
Semi guilty, I looked at your post about five times could not for the life of my see the word RED staring back at me.

Still one of my favorite bikes right now, but I am waiting for my Intense in the near future.