Quantcast

North San Diego Spots

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Well, since daytime hours are longer I will be able to bring my bike to work for some post work ride. I know of some spots in No SD Co but they're too "big" and "gnarl" for me to just "ride."

Does anyone know of any "spots" I can bring a DH bike to around Carlsbad, Encinitas or Oceanside??? Lil'er dirtjump spots maybe?

sa-sa-summer time!!

dhjill

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
SD Cali
Hey Orven!

You can go ride the trails we ride at lunch (well, not me for the meantime until I get my cast off) down at the corner of Melrose and Park Center. From what I understand, somebody's been out there building some jumps and some drops and there's been quite a few DHer's out there pushing their rigs up. Good XC trails here, too. Some people know these trails as Flightline. If you're interested, I can probably set you up with someone here to show you where the drops are. Can't wait to ride again so I can go check 'em out. I've got pics if you want to PM me you e-mail address.

There used to be an awesome slalom course in Escondido but that got plowed a couple of months ago.

:D

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Originally posted by dhjill

There used to be an awesome slalom course in Escondido but that got plowed a couple of months ago.

:D
that's a shame but it was so imminent and surprising that it lasted that long.. :p

my work email is orven@lightfootpg.com
I work in downtown O'side right now but will be moving to Carlsbad soon, near Lego land (which a lot of my clients own vacant hilly land along Farraday-Cannon-Palomar airport road- must bring shovel to work). Shoot me over some pics yo... and directions via email.. Thanks Jilly and get that friggin cast off soon...:p

MTDBIKE

Chimp
Jan 7, 2004
1/2 FLIGHTLINE
There is a few stunts and doubles at Flighline like the 20's gap on the top plateua and the red devil trail with some latter ramps and a 5' straight drop to a long tranny. It is a little tuff to be pushing a DH bike here because of the costant up and down terrain but hills are no more than 500' in elevation. Better off with a light freeride , DJ, or xc bike. Trails keep on popping up, including a new rock garden section.

Calavera has some fun sections also.

I know FL like the back of my hand and live and ride here daley.

Email if anyone needs a guide: Flightlineguru@yahoo.com

dhjill

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
SD Cali
Originally posted by ibismojo
i rode the trail, it's not bad. it's more of a 50's playground than it is for mountain bikes, except for that one spot.
Before I broke my ankle a couple of months ago, I rode out there at lunch every day...Flightline is very much a mountain bike area. Yes, there are a few areas where the guys on 50's have built some stuff, but there are a ton of awesome trails. See www.mountainbikebill.com for current maps. :D

Discodncr

Chimp
Apr 25, 2003
Orv, check out Lake Calavera area... dirt jumps, rhythm sections, single track. I rode in from Oak Park off of Lake Blvd.
But you can get to the dirt jumps by going thru the back streets.
I think they're at the end of Sky Haven Ln.
I found a rock area out there, too. Take the light bike
and explore. By the way, it's been about a year since the last time I was out there, it could be all houses by now. :(
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/refreshmap.adp?pan=w&rand=506

ibismojo

Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
San Diego
dhjill said:
Before I broke my ankle a couple of months ago, I rode out there at lunch every day...Flightline is very much a mountain bike area. Yes, there are a few areas where the guys on 50's have built some stuff, but there are a ton of awesome trails. See www.mountainbikebill.com for current maps. :D
well, one year later, and that place is being bulldozed. it's too bad that place is gone.