Quantcast

Norco 4X

adurham

Monkey
Jun 9, 2005
hey what are peoples opinions on the Norco 4X. How durable are they, are the good for dirt jumping, some street, and a little trail riding? Im thinking about getting one and putting a Rock Shox pike on instead of the DJ3

jus

Chimp
Nov 3, 2004
I rode a proto type of the 4x last summer and it held up amazingly well riding 4x tracks, dirt jumps, street, skate parks and even a couple of cross country rides. The only problem I had with it last year was the length.... it was a great 4x/dual bike to be able to push through the jumps and stay low, but for street/skate park riding it was a little long.... that said, it was designed for 4x racing (hence the name) and not for street riding, and for 2006 they're offering it in two sizes, a long and short i believe. My new 4x should be here anytime and i'll have some time on it at the T.O bike show in March so i'll have some more feed back on the 06 model.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Just wondering, why would you use a full suspension bike for street and dirt jumping? Street bikes IMO should be hardtails and stiff, same with DJ.

MOTODH

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
CT
Bicyclist said:
Just wondering, why would you use a full suspension bike for street and dirt jumping? Street bikes IMO should be hardtails and stiff, same with DJ.

he also wants it for trails, some people(and their backs) prefer have a little bit of give in the rear.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Check out the Specialized SX range also, I had one for a while and it was killer for what you described.

jus

Chimp
Nov 3, 2004
I rode it for street because it was the only bike i had other than a DH bike. I do agree that street is alot better on a hard tail for sure, but it was still fun to rip around on the 4x.

And no ers, no big time pro here....

.Pit Steelers.

Nostradumbass
Jun 18, 2006
Hawaii
Wait jus, are you jackie moon? I mean you can keep it on the D-L for only so long.

I have nothing of use to add to this thread.