Quantcast

NOOO they be changin my area code!!!

theres too many phones in San Diegos north county!:shocked: big surprise!, half the damn kids at my school have like 2 phones each! ugh...
today i woke up to the lovely sound of Skye on The Mikey Show complaining about the area code change from 760 to 442... what a great way to start a day! haha...

bummer, i live by that number... and 442 doesnt sound cool :p

anyone else had this happen before?
i wonder why the companies cant just apply the new area code to new numbers, let old numbers keep the original area code, and go into the system and make it so that that calls from (760) to (442) are in the same service area... i mean theyre doing that anyways, but only to numbers in the East county and into Imperial county...
anyone have any info on why they might not be able to do this?

Sep 20, 2007
Champaign, IL
Wait..... just you just say 442 doesn't sound cool?? It's only the most badass muscle car ever. (IMO of course.)

It's almost as bad as the suburbs where I'm from. They didn't change our area code but changed some people's. Now no matter what we need to dial the area code.

you know what... those are exactly the words uttered by my english teacher today... a 60 year old lady who drives a dark blood red Chevelle! with a focking 560 in it!(i think:think:) either way, that car is the first out of the maze of the student parking lot every day! skidmarks and all haha
ya thats true, but hey, i grew up 760 so i'm kida opinionated:biggrin:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
you know what... those are exactly the words uttered by my english teacher today... a 60 year old lady who drives a dark blood red Chevelle! with a focking 560 in it!(i think:think:) either way, that car is the first out of the maze of the student parking lot every day! skidmarks and all haha
Psh! I remember when SD was 714! Suck it up and move on with your life... this isn't the last time this will happen to you.

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
changing rather than just adding sounds stupid. I remember when everyone was up in arms over actually having to dial all 10 digits around here when VA added 571 to the 703 area.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
changing rather than just adding sounds stupid. I remember when everyone was up in arms over actually having to dial all 10 digits around here when VA added 571 to the 703 area.
I'm originally from Southern Oregon and down there we didn't have to dial all 10 digits, but when I moved to Northern Oregon we did....it was weird at first

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
She is the most awesome teacher ever.

Tell her so.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
There goes your awesome forearm tattoo. At least it will make for good conversation when you explain how it had meaning back in the day.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
If anyone would care to remember..... 909 used to be 714 as well....... Damn how the hell do I remember that. then they split the 909 and added the 951.... what thell... will it ever stop???

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
If anyone would care to remember..... 909 used to be 714 as well....... Damn how the hell do I remember that. then they split the 909 and added the 951.... what thell... will it ever stop???
You probably remember when it was just two area codes in so cal... 213 and 714.
That being the case I would ask you... Dang! Are you older then JBPs mustache?

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Ha, area codes. When I was growing up, we just picked up and told Sarah who we wanted to talk to!

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
You probably remember when it was just two area codes in so cal... 213 and 714.
That being the case I would ask you... Dang! Are you older then JBPs mustache?
Well I dont remember that far back, the 909 happened when I was in gradeschool.... I am only 28 So that was probably a good 20 years ago when the 909 came about