Quantcast

Nike's new Freeride Shoes...

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Since most freeriders dress in a way that could only make BikerFox proud, these would indeed be a step up!

:p

Shoe design has been a passion of mine ever since I first saw Run DMC runnin around stage with their Adidas superstars. I've been fortunate enough in my position in the Trek Bicycles Advanced Concepts Group, to design this freeride shoe for Nike Cycling. It is easily the most exciting thing I have done in my career. I drew design inspiration from old school Nike Dunk sneakers and current day skate shoes. The shoes have the Nike skate gummy sole that has been stiffened for use with flat pedals only. They have an asymmetrical design. Essentially the inside of the shoe climbs up higher over your ankle for crank protection. I was able to work with Nike's newest freerider Andrew Shandro on both the look as well as the function. His feedback has been super positive. They are going to be great shoes… available late august 05... Please buy them!

Tony T. Bells Beer team member.
posted by Jason Aric Jones, Team Director at 11:01 AM

Link: http://bellsmtbteam.blogspot.com/2005/04/nike-freeride-shoes.html#comments

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
this thread is worthless without pics -

I guess if you go to that link there are pics - but those shoes don't look very good anyway.

Five Tens for the FR crowd.

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
I saw something in the latest decline that said Andrew Shandro, and Cam McCaul were working on a deal with Nike.

If this provokes a trend, it could be great for the sport we all love.

HOWEVER this has caused some old feelings to resurface from my youth skater days, and the "Don't do it" backlash.

BadFastard

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
Belgium
at least the used to have great FR shoes
good looking, comfy, air soles so as you can use them for an occasional run and good cleat clearance.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
i have some dope ass nike suede skate shoes that are 3 differnet shades of brown that rock when riding but look to nice to mess up

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Looks worse than that. The ensemble with those shoes has to be girl pants black jeans and a Motley Crue 3/4 sleeve concert jersey...

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
scurban said:
I saw something in the latest decline that said Andrew Shandro, and Cam McCaul were working on a deal with Nike.
The rider in the pic is actually Andrew Shandro, so I would assume that he's already on board.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I think they look better than the 5.10's but who knows if they will work as well. I'd rawk 'em fer the right price....