Quantcast

Nike 6.0 Dunk SPD

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Lame. The flexibility of a skate sold combined with a solid clipless design. The worst of both worlds. No connected feel, no ability to move your feet around on the pedals.

freeridefool

Monkey
Jun 17, 2006
medford, or
$219 for bowling shoes?? WTF?
I know those arent bowling shoes, but as a really competitive bowler, I have paid that for bowling shoes. Bowling shoes are like brakes and suspension in mountain biking. And my bowling shoes are way better looking than those 6.0's. I can picture all the groms with flat bills, baggy pants and the next big sensation bike wearing those shoes.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I know those arent bowling shoes, but as a really competitive bowler, I have paid that for bowling shoes. Bowling shoes are like brakes and suspension in mountain biking. And my bowling shoes are way better looking than those 6.0's. I can picture all the groms with flat bills, baggy pants and the next big sensation bike wearing those shoes.
Too much information!:brow:

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Thoes are so sick, but for 219$ I could buy a pair of shoes I wouldn't be scared to ride in, and a Sick pair of sneakers to rock when I actually care what I'm wearing.

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
Thoes are so sick, but for 219$ I could buy a pair of shoes I wouldn't be scared to ride in, and a Sick pair of sneakers to rock when I actually care what I'm wearing.
Agreed. Those shoes look awesome, but I don't ride clipless so they don't really interest me, and I probably wouldn't trade in my 5.10's even if they had a non-SPD version.

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
"The Nike Dunk Gyrizo (Greek for wheel) will be used by the US, Chinese and Japanese BMX riders during the event later this year."

info
Actually, it's Greek for "I'm turning". A "gyro" is a turn, and might in ancient Greek be the word for wheel as well. But definately not "gyrizo". Like if anyone gave a souvlaki.. :nerd:

Last edited:

East Bay Rich

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
WC CA
i have regular pair of 6.0s and the sole is by very very grippy.
perfect for pedal pins imo
I'm really glad to hear that about that specific pattern. I just bought a pair of 6.0 Morgans yesterday. I looked at the bottoms of a lot of other 6.0's, and they were more skate orientated.

I was using some Etnies before that and found the suede wore out too quickly. I tweaked a knee so SPDs aren't an option right now.

Demomonkey

Monkey
Apr 27, 2005
Auckland New Zealand
Lame. The flexibility of a skate sold combined with a solid clipless design. The worst of both worlds. No connected feel, no ability to move your feet around on the pedals.
Mmmm, yeah OK, I can see Nike sending the US BMX athletes to Beijing in floppy soled hybrid sneaker/spds. That has gold written all over it.

Windowlicker

Monkey
Dec 27, 2007
Santa Cruz
I'm really glad to hear that about that specific pattern. I just bought a pair of 6.0 Morgans yesterday. I looked at the bottoms of a lot of other 6.0's, and they were more skate orientated.

I was using some Etnies before that and found the suede wore out too quickly. I tweaked a knee so SPDs aren't an option right now.
i saw the sole and figured they would be awesome on pedals so i bought a pair. then about 4 month later, i bought another just to have

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
I actually like them.......i wouldn't pay that much for them though......i have trouble forking over that kinda money for carbon fiber soled race shoes, at least the CF makes them almost feel like they're worth that much.....not sure where the money in those does.

STPIZZAY

Chimp
Nov 22, 2007
Sacramento
spend 200 bucks on a clipless shoe thats just going to get torn and dirty as hell after a day on the slopes ... no thanks, i just wear the crappiest shoes i can dig out of my garage, problem solved.

Rover Nick

Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
I agree with Zutroy. They look good, but not for $220

My personal prefrece for SPD's is that of a stiffer XC style shoe. Once again, not that of the $200 variety, though.

thomas

Chimp
May 12, 2002
EMEA Googleplex
Slightly off topic:

does anybody have a confirmed availability date on the vans spd shoe? Were supposed to be released this fall - checked in a few vans stores a few weeks back, but shop employees were totally useless in terms of providing information.

Thanks
Thomas

Dylan Dean

Monkey
Oct 12, 2007
southern California
funny, was actually talkin to one of the designers about the shoe a while back.. he wasn't into the colors either, but had no control over that... he "just made that sh*t work" he said! haha the guy came from a BMX/MTB background & seems to know a good deal about what'll be good for cyclists when it came to a SPD shoe. it obviously loooks more suitable for BMX... but that's not too surprising considering their market base

looks like a descent shoe. some colors are alright, others... not so much

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
funny, was actually talkin to one of the designers about the shoe a while back.. he wasn't into the colors either, but had no control over that... he "just made that sh*t work" he said! haha the guy came from a BMX/MTB background & seems to know a good deal about what'll be good for cyclists when it came to a SPD shoe. it obviously loooks more suitable for BMX... but that's not too surprising considering their market base

looks like a descent shoe. some colors are alright, others... not so much

it's funny to hear that guy talk, "that sh1tty sh1t is sh1t" w/ an english accent. I can attest to his knowledge of what spd's should do especially considering he's been wearing shimano XC shoes for as long as I've known him and he's a pinner, too. Nice job, An-ti!

I'm not sure I could run any of those colors but if they come out with decent colors i'd wear a pair.