Quantcast

nickeled and dimed at work

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
This thread reminds me to give myself a raise and a new toy for being my most valued employee.

JetTeach

Monkey
Aug 18, 2011
Two consecutive years of ZERO annual increase AND another increase in premiums for medical, dental, and vision policies. I am going BACKWARDS!! :rant: Bastards!!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I am still a contractor, so I get no paid time off and the office was closed a bunch of days for the holidays. My healthcare is crazy expensive, but it could be worse.

I just save a bunch of money by switching to Directv.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
crabby - didn't you get a promotion this year? and IIRC you asked your boss for a raise, and he gave you double what you had in mind?

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
aside from this, of course:
That was across the board. I did a lot better.

EDIT - JK, yes...no promotion but a healthy raise (10% 2 years ago, another 12% a couple months ago)....hence why I'm content at the moment. But in terms of overall company-wide raises across the board, it's been stagnant compared to years past, and which is why I was blown away by the 12%. I had 5-6% in mind and would have been happy with that given the current conditions.

Last edited:

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
I got a 2% raise and am stoked! I work for property management, and control the gym cards, so I get free gym. I also control the garage access, so I get free covered parking too. I also have time to sit on RM and blow up the Random Pic Thread regularly, oh and read my kindle. My job RULES. :D

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I complained when my old job switched the company who ran our cafeteria to Aramark, the stadium people.

Until I got laid off as part of a 5% cutback.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
I complained when my old job switched the company who ran our cafeteria to Aramark, the stadium people.

Until I got laid off as part of a 5% cutback.
That's worth complaining about. I wouldn't feed Aramark food to a possum. In fact, I'd rather eat a possum than Aramark food. Actually, I'd rather eat out a possum than eat Aramark food.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
That's worth complaining about. I wouldn't feed Aramark food to a possum. In fact, I'd rather eat a possum than Aramark food. Actually, I'd rather eat out a possum than eat Aramark food.
Well, the food did suck and I didn't eat there again.

And my old company was nice to accommodate my complaints by severing me.