Quantcast

NHL Hot Stove Thread

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Screw the NBA and LeBron and Bosch and Wade, et al - this thread is for some NHL Hot Stove Talk!!!

So Here goes:

Do you think Ilya Kovalchuk goes to the Kings? Capitals for one year? Stays in New Jersey (I doubt it) or bolts to the KHL for one year (last resort?)

Do you think Montreal will be able to sign Dan Ellis? Or does Ellis truly want to be a #1 goalie somewhere?

Will Boston Trade Marc Savard? I think they should. But would anyone want to take a risk on him? One more big hit and he could be done.

Where will Tim Thomas end up? Talk about going from Hero to nearly Zero in the course of one season - wow that sums up Timmy's last year in Boston.

Will anyone take a chance on Mike Modano - make him a veteran "mentor" type of guy - a role player? I hope someone does and puts him in the right spot if indeed Modano wants to keep playing?

And where will all these 30 something goalies end up? Turco, Theodore, Mason etc. etc???

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
leighton was resigned and i guess the flyers are still going after nabokov....

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
What a great day. Sergie Gonchar is gone. I wonder if he will turn into a Cheechoo type bust for the Senators.

The Flyers need to stay away from Nabokov like they should have with Emery.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
What a great day. Sergie Gonchar is gone. I wonder if he will turn into a Cheechoo type bust for the Senators.

The Flyers need to stay away from Nabokov like they should have with Emery.
The Penguins got Mikhalek from Phoenix to replace Gonchar - not too shabby of a move there by the Pens.......not at all. :thumb:

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Hawks dump Ladd...I guess he didnt like the qualifying offer he got. Burish goes too. I wonder what Modano would look like in the Indian head sweater...

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
The Penguins got Mikhalek from Phoenix to replace Gonchar - not too shabby of a move there by the Pens.......not at all. :thumb:
I am pretty happy that they are acutely getting defenceman instead of forwards pretending to be defenceman.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Yeah, well we got a big knuckle to protect Tane and Koews on the playground...John Scott. 6'8", 260...he will take Buffs place on the Hawks beer league basketball team. Plus Vishnievskiy or whateverhisnameis and Morin. Add in Reasoner to take Maddens palce...we still look pretty solid, IMHO.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Yeah, well we got a big knuckle to protect Tane and Koews on the playground...John Scott. 6'8", 260...he will take Buffs place on the Hawks beer league basketball team. Plus Vishnievskiy or whateverhisnameis and Morin. Add in Reasoner to take Maddens palce...we still look pretty solid, IMHO.
The Blackhawks will be fine - different but fine.

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
I thought the reason why he didn't sign with Atlanta was because he wanted to win. Good luck with that being on the Islanders. You would think he is going to the KHL.

Here is an interesting bit on TSN. They are having a whole series on this.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=326630

UNHrider

Monkey
Apr 20, 2004
Epping, NH
17 years @ 102 million. Im sure its all front loaded so hell get about 10mil a year for 10 years, then league min for a while thereafter, when im sure hell retire.

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
What are the Devils thinking.

It doesn't matter he is Russian so he will never show up for the playoffs. What does that do to their salary cap?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Tampa Bay picks up Simon Gagne in a trade with Philly. Nice pickup by Yzerman (assuming Gagne can stay healthy). They've got some pretty powerful offensive guys in Tampa Bay now........but can they keep the puck out of their own net? That's the big question.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Tampa Bay picks up Simon Gagne in a trade with Philly. Nice pickup by Yzerman (assuming Gagne can stay healthy). They've got some pretty powerful offensive guys in Tampa Bay now........but can they keep the puck out of their own net? That's the big question.
the flyers can suck a mile of cock.