Quantcast

NHL 2011-2012 Season Thread!!!!!

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
It's that time of year again! Wooooooooooooooooo.

Can the Bruins repeat? Will Timmy The Tank put together another historical season in net? Will Avery ever play in the NHL again? Who's this Crosby guy?

What's everyone's expectations/hopes for this year?

UNHrider

Monkey
Apr 20, 2004
Epping, NH
I expect Shanahan to bring the hammer down on illegal hits to the head, and I expect lots of people to piss and moan about it. I expect the rivalry between mtl and bos to continue.

I hope the Bruins repeat, other then that, I hope to be entertained.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Boston will absolutely destroy. So excited to watch hockey again and to see that banner raised in TD Garden!!!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
prediction: JohnE will be carcillo's #1 fanboy by the end of the season.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
concussion....

crosby out indefinitely....

giroux out indefinitely....

pronger out for the season/playoffs...

who else is out?

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
I think Skinner is out also for the Cans with one. Giroux getting kneed in the head was just ugly.

What do guys think of the season so far?

Concussions

Bruins woke up
Flyers playing good
Rangers playing really good
Pens hanging on with injuries
Caps playing without any heart
Sabres struggling

Where did the Wild come from?
Bobby Lou shaky
King not living up to expectations
Ducks just imploding

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
scott hartnell...scoring machine?
Full on superstar mode for Hartnell. He has 27 points and still can't skate.

Breaking news... goalies are crazy. Especially Bryzgalov via HBO 24/7

Sick dangle by #88 on the Hawks to win in the SO vs. Minny!
Sick goal the other night. Put Backstrom to sleep.

Looks like Milbury wanted to fight some kid. You probably have problems if you beat people in the stands with a shoes.
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=382908

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Caps with no heart is right on. And no goalies either. Big talk here in DC about changing up the C

dunno.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Ovechkin has proven himself to be all sizzle, no steak. He cant/doesnt lead like a true Captain should, or his style is such that the others dont/wont follow...he needs to be moved, and that team imploded...start all over again, Mr. Leonsis.

samnation

Monkey
Jan 25, 2009
Somewhere in KANURDUR
The only way Washington can keep Ovechkin is to build a new team around him but somehow have him not be captain. Don't know how that'll go though, that way theres no commitments to keep anyone else and everyone coming in knows who they are playing with... That said you could hawk him off to some team in the rebuild phase and get some awesome **** that will work out short term.

In other news
Phaneuf gets nothing
The reffing in leafs sabres was pretty lame... Especially on the last goal.
Martin out... Gotta become a coach.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Brooks Laich sounds and acts more like the Captain than Ovi does. Semin has become lazy and has seemingly drug Ovi down with him. Mike Green is pussying away this season, lots of other guys are hurt worse and skating. There are some skaters there and Dale Hunter has a good system, hopefully some of his heart wears off on the first line.

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
It was only a matter of time until Carcillo did some thing dumb. It was bad, but I don't think it's 20 games bad.

In other news...

The Winter Classic was ok. The refs sucked big time once again in a big game and the best part had to be Rupp.

and the Canadian Juniors lost again.