Quantcast

Newz: 'Ghettopoly' game

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Black leaders outraged at 'Ghettopoly' game at Urban Outfitters

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Cheap Trick Avenue instead of Boardwalk? Hernando's Chop Shop instead of Reading Railroad?

Black leaders are outraged over a new board game called "Ghettopoly" that has "playas" acting like pimps and game cards reading, "You got yo whole neighborhood addicted to crack. Collect $50."

Black clergymen say the game, the brainchild of a Pennsylvania man, should be banned, and have called for a boycott of Urban Outfitters unless the company stops selling Ghettopoly in its chain of clothing stores.
READ MORE

The game's creator, David Chang, promises similar games soon.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
dude, thats not new. maybe the outraged black leaders are. but guetthopoly has been on for a while.

it cracks me up.

alexis

Originally posted by N8
Black leaders outraged at 'Ghettopoly' game at Urban Outfitters

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Cheap Trick Avenue instead of Boardwalk? Hernando's Chop Shop instead of Reading Railroad?

Black leaders are outraged over a new board game called "Ghettopoly" that has "playas" acting like pimps and game cards reading, "You got yo whole neighborhood addicted to crack. Collect $50."

Black clergymen say the game, the brainchild of a Pennsylvania man, should be banned, and have called for a boycott of Urban Outfitters unless the company stops selling Ghettopoly in its chain of clothing stores.
READ MORE

The game's creator, David Chang, promises similar games soon.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
i did a little research on the game and the game is about the ghetto, not black people. they include chico, weinstien, trailer trash, and some asian place too. why are the naacp the only group bitching about this? the dude that created the game was asian. its like lobo said. some times its just better to joke about it. its not a game for kids. the website has got parental adbisory stickers on it. urban outfitters isnt a store for kids. if the naacp tried to hold a prayer vigal in my store over a stupid board game, i would have them arrested. he's coming out with redneckopolly soon. maybe i'll throw a fit because it is an affront to my southern heritage.

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Hehehe...that's great!

Not about the black leaders pitchin a fit...skin color doesn't make you ghetto...;) Though I have to say that Sports TV has made being "ghetto" popular amongst the sweet white mormon boy crowd I seem to work with....they're always "pretending" their ghetto with their slang they picked up from TV.

:rolleyes:

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
You know...I bet there's people out there that collect all the versions of monopoly that ever came out....:) Wonder if they'll ever be on those 2am TV shows where they show the guys that collect a million and one stickers about X or somethin?

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Originally posted by laura
maybe i'll throw a fit because it is an affront to my southern heritage.
i´ve been always curious about that term that i´ve heard so many times around here.

what´s southern heritage?? i mean, the "south" existed between formally from the last part of the 17hundreds till the first half of 18hundreds. so thats basically a bit more than 100 years of "true history", and all that time the south was basically a land of newly arrived inmigrants, and african slaves.

so, i started wondering...

where´s the identity there? whats that heritage??

its not like being greek, or italian, or mexican or chinese.