Quantcast

New ride pix

Dirty

i said change it damn it....Janet...Slut!!
Aug 3, 2003
wow....
i hate to say it but...
ugliest bike ever? this ones definitely up there....

nice build...but that frame man...not my style...

Muuqi

Monkey
Oct 11, 2005
Ashland Oregon
It's a Gary Fisher actually, Chris Duncan designed it before he decided he didn't wanna compete anymore and just work on bikeskills.com lol. Anyways, yeah, it's a bit ugly, but it grow's on ya, and the stand over is soooo low you can whip it around like no other! And with 9000 series Al it's nice and stiff.

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
Muuqi said:
Anyways, yeah, it's a bit ugly, but it grow's on ya, and the stand over is soooo low you can whip it around like no other!

ahhh,, i just remember the pic of him throwing a clickity clicked turn down on it...

Dirty

i said change it damn it....Janet...Slut!!
Aug 3, 2003
yeah, definitely one of the lowest standovers ive seen in this type of frame. Can see how its nice to whip around.

Looks really overbuilt though, how much does the frame alone weigh?

Muuqi

Monkey
Oct 11, 2005
Ashland Oregon
Aye, Andy Watts can toss some clicked 360 turndowns on that frame. Pretty dope, give me some inspiration for sh!t to work on.

Muuqi

Monkey
Oct 11, 2005
Ashland Oregon
Dirty said:
yeah, definitely one of the lowest standovers ive seen in this type of frame. Can see how its nice to whip around.

Looks really overbuilt though, how much does the frame alone weigh?
Mmm dunno, complete it's right around 36 lbs which is 6 lbs heavier than my last bike. It feels awesome in the air, but for tech stuff you definitely notice it, and it feels like most of the weight is coming from the back end and BB area (thank you Howitzer BB) so next paycheck I'm going to switch out some parts and hopefully get it down to a balanced 34ish.

Can't wait to ride it up at the Softies Jam this weekend though.

sama1ter

Monkey
Apr 29, 2004
The OC
wow. looks fat, and ugly.
and you even said it yourself thats its way heavy.
i'll take steel+10lbs lighter, and stick with my mob.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
Duncan let me sit on his at MonsterPart last year. He really seems to love that bike. He was telling me all about it. It is a little ascetically unpleasing, but Im sure it rides well.

habitatxskate

blah blah blah
Mar 22, 2005
jesus christ i hate school computers, from what people said it seems like they will be sick, once i get home i;ll check them out

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Muuqi said:
Mmm dunno, complete it's right around 36 lbs which is 6 lbs heavier than my last bike. It feels awesome in the air, but for tech stuff you definitely notice it, and it feels like most of the weight is coming from the back end and BB area (thank you Howitzer BB) so next paycheck I'm going to switch out some parts and hopefully get it down to a balanced 34ish.

Can't wait to ride it up at the Softies Jam this weekend though.
Yep, I saw your bike up there. It's pretty hard to miss it. Hope you had fun.

Muuqi

Monkey
Oct 11, 2005
Ashland Oregon
v-digit said:
36lbs? how? damn! its a tank.
my steel mobile is under 29.

but i guess if u like the way it feels/looks its all that matters.
Eh, it's mainly the component spec that drives the weight up, but suprisingly it rides lighter than my 30 lb Kona Cowan did. I'm definitely loving the geo :)