Quantcast

New Retro Build

ronan

Monkey
Dec 7, 2007
Toulouse, France
not a fan of fowards wheelpath, especially coming off a jedi
im so confused as you think the demo is terrible for downhill and has a wheelpath you dont like, you'd go and buy one? why didn't you just keep using the red one?

whats happened to the 303? id take a 303 over a demo

MrPlow

Monkey
Sep 9, 2004
Toowoomba Queensland
yes, is that a problem? tad cheaper to buy a demo 9 than a canfield, even with sponsor discount, i also go for a bike i can beat on daily and not exactly have to worry-whats burlier than a demo 9
wow now THATS the kind of PR I am sure the Canfield boys were after ! Can you ride for me too?? You just can;t buy that ****.:thumb:

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
justin i know your young 17 right? and yes i know im "factory yuroshek" you know how i got that name? by being so called "factory" and loyal to my sponsors and doing what a sponsored rider is suppose to. if a company takes care of you, you have to take care of them as well. you might not get the biggest discount on frames but if you sold your red frame and saved the money from the 04 demo you could have boughten a new jedi.

Also I've been in the sponsor game since i was 13 racing BMX. I got a complete race build with custom wheels for free. Years after I was a great PR for a brand new BMX company i rode for. after i stopped riding BMX that company packed it up and now they are building custom choppers.

Just use your head sometimes man and think about what your doing/saying on the interweb. Theres some very big important people looking over these sites and seeing whats going on believe it or not.

Dennis

captainspauldin

intrigued by a pole
May 14, 2007
Jersey Shore
justin i know your young 17 right? and yes i know im "factory yuroshek" you know how i got that name? by being so called "factory" and loyal to my sponsors and doing what a sponsored rider is suppose to. if a company takes care of you, you have to take care of them as well. you might not get the biggest discount on frames but if you sold your red frame and saved the money from the 04 demo you could have boughten a new jedi.

Also I've been in the sponsor game since i was 13 racing BMX. I got a complete race build with custom wheels for free. Years after I was a great PR for a brand new BMX company i rode for. after i stopped riding BMX that company packed it up and now they are building custom choppers.

Just use your head sometimes man and think about what your doing/saying on the interweb. Theres some very big important people looking over these sites and seeing whats going on believe it or not.

Dennis
Damn, what are you doing up so early? :weee:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Kids got a bunch of Dh bikes. So what? Is he on a team or something? I'd like to have a bunch of DH bikes. A buddy of ours had a GT DHi and a Santa Cruz Super 8, both brand new one season. We were all blown away, until we saw him ride. He exploded both bikes all the time. He had the Santa Cruz as a back up and his parents could afford it. He could get ONLY ONE DHi through sponsorship at a shop the way GT used to set it up. But his dad knew how pinned he was and that he'd eat through a single bike in no time.

Tyler...we miss you buddy. Come ride!!!

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
so is there any way to get a brand new "old" style frame like what u did? Does the factory have a surplus old model frames?
that bike looks so sick. I wouldnt mind building one up once i get the money
you can, i mean i am not sure if its "legal" for them, but id imagine that they do not want to keep old 04s around, if they havent snapped by now, they probably wont. mine was one of the last of 8.

slowitdown

Monkey
Mar 30, 2009
well from what i remember he has a yeti, 2 demos? a red one and this one, and a canfield, not sure why you need 4 DH bikes!

im not jealous he has all these bikes at all. but id like to know what mommy and daddy for a living.
apparently what they do is raise a child to believe that quantity = quality and not much else.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
apparently what they do is raise a child to believe that quantity = quality and not much else.
Huuuuuuh... Make fun of him as you will (I do), nobody can deny that every single one of his builds are fycking quality builds. He also just took overall for the jr. race series apparently. Quantity AND quality, not one or the other.

Maybe there are better things to spend money on (like girls!) but if he has the money to throw at it, fyck it, have fun with it.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I havent EVER had a problem with the frame, and i do not expect to, i have noticed however(and could be just my luck) that whenever i ride the demo 9(or other) the parts tend to break when i dont have to worry about it. The jedi i have has a slightly* lighter racier build to it than the demo 9. Its the same kinda principal as people that race cars, You dont see monster trucks and nascars on the street, i try to save the race bike for the races.

*same day as race blown up parts this year*
2 brakes
3 rims(1 demolished)
2 derailurs
1 pedal
1 chain
Pads(rode them anyway)

i am venturing a guess that if i did not ride the bike 4X a week the parts would have lasted longer.
Work with me here - S-M-O-O-T-H. Do yourself a favor, buy a hardtail and start trail riding.

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
id like to say im pretty smooth on a DH course(esp compared to a few years ago) Ive been told the problem isnt lines as much as "floating" ill take the same lines as most nd usually the smoother ones
so which one is it? are you smooth or not? make up your mind kid!

WBC

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
PNW
Maybe there are better things to spend money on (like girls!)
That's terrible advice! Girls shouldn't cost money unless you're trying too hard.

at least bikes have *some* resale value.

But there are better things to spend cash on than a 4th bike. Concert tix, plane tickets, tequila, etc, etc

jutny

Monkey
Jan 15, 2009
Montclair, NJ
This thread hurts my head.

I want a Canfield Bros. sponsorship, they're awesome to work with, I've been chatting with them for a couple years now about bikes and tech. :) Maybe once I start winning some more races. I'd love to try their drop stem.