Quantcast

New parts came in for the Big Hit Spec today

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
It's the bent down and top tubes that cheeze me off. I may be out of the loop and pimping out a bighit spec is really the cool thing to do but with all those parts haven't you spent as much as just buying a bighit comp that comes with roughly equivalent parts and a better frame. I guess if you really want 26" front and rear, you don't have $5000 for a demo 9 and you're really loyal to specialized... it just seems like there are other bikes at that price that are a little nicer. Again I am not bashing, I just feel like I missed the boat somewhere. You probablly only had $500 to spend on a DH bike so you stretched your budget a little and bought what you could, now you've got a summer job and are upgrading because you can't afford to sell it all and buy a whole new bike.

Nitromike

Monkey
May 14, 2004
Some ghetto in Houston
Off base on every count Kornphlake .. 33, Sys admin for a law firm. I bought the SPEC because its an inexpensive fun bike to take out and play with on urbans and is a very solid frame.. No downhilling in Houston ya know. I'm buying a better fork later this year when the 66 is out so I needed a wheelset with a 20mm, why not get the Outlaws since they can do both. The rest .. wanted a bashguard, needed a slightly smaller front chainring, 38 wasn't cutting it, and needed a longer stem :shrug:

By the way, Sunday fun job is at a bike shop, It's not about the money.

Nitromike

Monkey
May 14, 2004
Some ghetto in Houston
Not the entire top part, only the front plate, then adjusted the rear plate to properly fit with the bash in place. The bash now takes the place of the front plate.

Weight .. not exactly sure, but 100% stock it was 39 lbs