Quantcast

New offerings from Trek and C'dale

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
yeah, i guess that's the one. i've only seen 3 Cervelos and 2 of them were P3s, so i'm not too familiar with them.

draco

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
Roche-STAR
you talkin about a R3 Cervelo i take it ?
I know at least on the R3 that the seatstays are only there to meet UCI frame design regulations - the bike was designed without them being needed structurally.

SuperSix at the shop today has a similar look.. its plenty stiff laterally, but soakes up the bumps nicely.

Bikebro

Chimp
Apr 13, 2005
I don't really see anything new in the madone. Look already has a fork that doesn't use a bearing race and Gary Klein did the the tapered steer tube in 1993. Hell the fork that has been coming on the madones since their launch was mostly a 10 yr old Klein design. I can't believe they are even trying to call the seat post integrated when it is nothing more then a reverse of the current seat post. WoW its seat tube inside a seat post instead of the other way around. With all the overlap I don't see how it saves any weight.

I will give them alot of credit for making a more modern design that looks good though. C-Dale bikes just get uglier to me as they keep making everything so huge.

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
I don't really see anything new in the madone. Look already has a fork that doesn't use a bearing race and Gary Klein did the the tapered steer tube in 1993. Hell the fork that has been coming on the madones since their launch was mostly a 10 yr old Klein design. I can't believe they are even trying to call the seat post integrated when it is nothing more then a reverse of the current seat post. WoW its seat tube inside a seat post instead of the other way around. With all the overlap I don't see how it saves any weight.

I will give them alot of credit for making a more modern design that looks good though. C-Dale bikes just get uglier to me as they keep making everything so huge.
Did the '93 Klein use a 1.5" lower bearing? They claim the seatpost does save weight(afterall the did design it), though the place it clamps puts less stress on the frame, the tubes are larger in diameter, thus they can use less material. Plus there's no more overlap than a standard seatpost.

The BB isn't something new?

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Ok lots of fuss over the BB on the Madone. The bearing are not pressed in, you can in fact change them by hand with no problems. Was curious myself, so i took one apart to se for myself. Shop gets to test ride on thursday and friday..... I cant wait.