Quantcast

New leaf-shaped tread pattern from Maxxis

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
If so, then you must have a 60a/maxxpro/dual version. Otherwise you'd be buying new fullfaces with a 3c or supertacky.

Those things are dangerous on hardpack.
yup...60a only..the HR2's up front last me quite a while

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Its hideous but I'll try it in the rear..

I'm pretty much desperate for a good rear right now...not liking the ardent that much in the back..running an X-king right now but its totally smoked in 8 rides and their "protection" sidewall is garbage...stiff as a board and it is not holding up at all...

Id throw on a HR2 in the back but Im really preferring something a bit more drifty lately....Id get a rock razor but I dont want to spend 70$ on a tire thats going to last me a couple weeks...think Im going to try a maxxis ikon next...wishing they made a crossmark in 650b 2.25 exo My only regret about 650b is not being able to buy 27$ Larsen's

maxxis has to release a new simi slick...keeping my fingers crossed for Larsen TT center with HR or minion sideknobs..
Have you tried the Trail-king or Mountain-King in Black Chili? Those tires ROCK. The only drawback is that they are prone to getting out of round if you take a big hit or push them too hard. It is almost like the bead rips or the threads in the casing rip. Your wheel is perfectly true but the tire wobbles like crazy. No amount of removal and remounting can fix it either.

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
Have you tried the Trail-king or Mountain-King in Black Chili? Those tires ROCK. The only drawback is that they are prone to getting out of round if you take a big hit or push them too hard. It is almost like the bead rips or the threads in the casing rip. Your wheel is perfectly true but the tire wobbles like crazy. No amount of removal and remounting can fix it either.

Yea I've ran both...I prefer the HR2 up front compared to a Mnt King 2 and the Mk2 in the rear gets smoked pretty quick...I dont mind the Trail King up front but its almost 1000gs and I dont really like the protection sidewall either..I like something a bit more supple