Quantcast

New Giant Glory vs Intense Socom ?

trailrider

Chimp
Feb 22, 2010
Getting a new frame shortly but cant decide between the Giant Glory and the Intense Socom. I can get either for roughly the same price so thats not an issue. Both seem to be similar in weight and geometry. I'm not sure what the wheel path on the Glory is like but I think the Socom may have a more rearward initial path. Can anyone enlighten me?

A few pros / cons as I see it;
Glory has better stock angles
Socom spare parts are expensive
Glory has new rc4 shock

I'm leaning towards the glory but I've always liked the socoms. Is there an objective review anywhere on the Glory? I will get an angled reducer headset for whichever one I get to slacken it out.

Any suggestions?

Yukonrider

Chimp
Jun 21, 2007
Marquette MI
I rode a Socom all last season, and we have a Glory in our shop. From what I can tell from the in store ride (even better than a parking lot ride!) Is that the glory seems a lot more progressive than the Socom.
The front end also seems taller, and the frame over all feels a bit more compact. It does wheelie better though. The RC4 annoys me because you need a tool to adjust the High speed compression (or low speed can't remember.)
Overall, in my opinion, they are two quite different bikes. I don't like the way the glory felt compared to my Socom, and based on that, I won't be getting one. (but 3 of my friends have so far, so I'll get plenty of ride time on them anyways!)