Quantcast

New front disk brakes

cbseven

Chimp
Jul 4, 2004
Right now I have Hayes MX-2 with a 6" rotor. They work well but I want some more stoping power in the front. I am going to keep the back the way they are because they are just right. Dose anyone have any recomendations for the front setup?

Incubus

Monkey
Oct 17, 2001
Boston, MA
There are a ton of brakes out there that'll likely give you the power you're looking for, but it might just seem odd to have two different brands brakes as far as feel goes.

Your best bet is to increase the size of your rotor in front. Don't mix and match brands and or mech/hydro.

grimm

Monkey
Jan 12, 2002
Sweden
Incubus said:
There are a ton of brakes out there that'll likely give you the power you're looking for, but it might just seem odd to have two different brands brakes as far as feel goes.

Your best bet is to increase the size of your rotor in front. Don't mix and match brands and or mech/hydro.
i agree, if you can help it, dont mix brands or mech/hydro, it will definetly mess up the feel of your bike..

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Get an avid 8". The modulation is great and it is mech. The power is awesome, too. Just use regular cables (Compressionless feel like poo.) Or, if you want to spend the money, get sealed teflon cables.