Quantcast

New Fork for Gemini

super95awd

Chimp
May 17, 2004
Morgantown, WV
I was thinking about swapping out the Breakout Plus for something a little more DH friendly but I'm stuck on what I'd want. I've pretty much narrowed it down to Slider+ or 888. Think I should stick with a 7" fork or go for the 8" 888?

super95awd

Chimp
May 17, 2004
Morgantown, WV
Well, it seems pretty flexy. Also the small bump compliance doesn't seem too wonderful with the TPC+. And sometimes it being a 7" singlecrown just worries me :D.

preppie

Monkey
Aug 30, 2002
Europe
super95awd said:
Also the small bump compliance doesn't seem too wonderful with the TPC+
Out of the Manitou's, the TPC+ was the smoothest with the most small bump sensitivity ?
The SPV forks that I have tried felt "dead" on smaller bumps, even with low Psi.
That's the reason why I still have a Marzocchi up front and only SPV in the back. (plus I don't have $$ for a new fork)

May 24, 2002
Boulder CO
SPV will pedal better and possibly be faster from point a to b but not more bump compliant than TPC+

If you want the mushiest most small bumps compliant fork the 888 isn't a bad option...

Lex

Monkey
Dec 6, 2001
Massachusetts
super95awd said:
Well, it seems pretty flexy. Also the small bump compliance doesn't seem too wonderful with the TPC+. And sometimes it being a 7" singlecrown just worries me :D.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the Breakout Plus only come with SPV?

super95awd

Chimp
May 17, 2004
Morgantown, WV
The OEM version on the Gemini was TPC+. The 7" 888 could be an option as well. I forgot about that. Do you think new crowns would be required on the 8" to bring down the front some?