Quantcast

@@@New Decade day 2 GMT@@@

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
my holiday was great until i had to come back to the office. time to fire up ye olde type writer for the 2020 edition of the Encyclopedia Killtannica

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Decades are overrated. Moar rain in the forecast, time to open up teh fork on the trail bike and see if I can tweak the damper a little without breaking isht. Now work. :twitch:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I'm sleepy. Also no snow + the amount of light we get in Poland during winters is a real bummer. Hard to get motivated. Still life is decent. Friend offered to sell me his bike and I'm tempted but I also don't want to be broke the whole year.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Holy shit show. The time off was nice, but seems stuff blew up while I was out, so I get to figure that out. Car battery was dead this morning, so that was nice.

We set up 2 cameras in the house, this is the first time we have both been gone with all 3 pups. Hope for the best, I don't want to have to kennel Indy.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Went back to the office today for a soft landing with few people in the office, when home early and got a nap on the couch and then went to the gym. Low stress start to the year. No beer and dinner time.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
gettin old....My dad's xmas gift was a nasty cold that has torn through my family one person at a time. My "dude fasting" defense mechanism didn't stop it...so now I got the sniffles hella bad yo

Then this morning I picked up my son and threw my back out. Noice. Spent all day yesterday chipping ice in the driveway so that's probably why. I want a heating pad and an advil :(

In better news I'm getting ever closer to pulling the trigger on the last few parts of my new road bike. Should be a nice motivator to get outside once the spring comes.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Pissing rain here today so took the opportunity to do a short ride on rocks and take the obligatory touristy picture at the top of Big Rock.

Twas nice without anyone up there.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
did you figure out your cranks?
kind of. In typical sandwich fashion, I bought a NOS set of rotor 3DF off of fleabay from a guy in (presumably south) Korea. They are an MTB 2x setup, so wicked cheap, but I only need to run a single 110mm chainring, so it should work. In theory I should be able to space the ring further toward the center of the chainline compared to a road 2x setup, if the arms and Q factor are as described. If nothing else, I can swap the spider for a 1x.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
lots of saturated fat :(
The evidence for saturated fat isn't convincing, IMO. Replacing it with carbs likely raises CVD risk, and replacing it with vegetable oil is probably a wash to worse for the veggie oil. Replace it with olive oil and you might do a bit better.

This wasn't a perfect study, but it is pretty targeted to sat fat vs veggie oil...