Quantcast

New Components from Straitline

Ridemonkey.com

News & Reviews
Jun 26, 2009

Straitline had a few new products on display at Crankworx, including new pedals, a hydraulic gyro, and new chainrings. The new pedal is designed as an all mountain flat, take a look inside!
---

By Ryan LaBar

Straitline Components showed us some of its new and prototype products at Crankworx.

The first thing Straitline showed us was its new All Mountain Products (AMP) flat pedal, which is claimed to weigh in at just 330 grams. The front outside edge has been machined at an angle to minimize pedal impacts with the ground.

The pedals use the same bearing and axle styles as Straitline’s standard Platform Pedals. Straitline says they are marketing them as an all-mountain pedal, but they can take the abuse of a downhill pedal.

The AMP pedals may not be the thinest out there, but if they are like Straitline’s other pedals they will easy to service and quite durable.

Color choices for Straitline’s AMP pedals.

Straitline’s new Race Rings are made of a hard-anodized 7075 Aluminum for maximum anti-wear properties. Hard anodizing limits color choices though, so you get what you see.

Straitline has also been working on a hydraulic gyro system with Cam McCaul, Brandon Semenuk and Mike Montgomery. Here’s a prototype on Semenuk’s Crankworx slopestyle rig.

[fblike]http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3666200#post3666200[/fblike]

Attachments

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I love how that pedal looks. Im a bit underwelmed with twenty6 prerunners and they look like a worthy upgrade. Bummer there are no green ones.

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
I love how that pedal looks. Im a bit underwelmed with twenty6 prerunners and they look like a worthy upgrade. Bummer there are no green ones.
I'm just stoked they finally updated their design! Their old models were sweet, but were falling behind the times in their thickness.

Not giving up my Prerunners though. ;)

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I'm just stoked they finally updated their design! Their old models were sweet, but were falling behind the times in their thickness.

Not giving up my Prerunners though. ;)
You are really happy with yours? On my morzine trip I lost 10-15 pins on them. I know that place is heavy on your gear but that is a bit silly. Not to mention them sharpening and turning my legs into burgers just by walking with the bike. They are good pedals but I expected much more, especially since the newer ones are heavier.

Deano

Monkey
Feb 14, 2011
i was stoked when i saw they made new pedals, and then after seeing its the same crap deal with the axle/stuff.. bushing.. which was always the biggest flaw.. 1 muddy ride, and they seize up.