Quantcast

New Bruja!

Maybe this should be in teh freeride forum...but I never go there. So here it goes.
Ventana La Bruja, large, ball burnished
Rockshox Totem 2-step
Hope Moto V2 brakeset, double vented discs
Sram X-9 shifters/der/
Shimano HG-93 chain xt 11-34 cassette
Mavic 819 rims, HopeProII rear hub, Narz. QR20 frt.
Conti. Deisel 2.5 frt tyre, Maxxis DHr rear tyre
Descender post, Ttiec Hellbent saddle.
Time ATAC pedals
RaceFace Diabolus crankset
Gravity stem. CaneCreek 1.5 headset. ODI Intense Lock-on grips.

37lbs on the dot.

Attachments

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Whats with the suspension seatpost - is it a joke?

On the picture the angles looks kind of steep? What will you use the bike for?

Yeah, that's a Gravity Dropper post. Pull the knob it drops 3"...pull it again and it raises back to normal height.

67degree head angle, 73 seat. I'll be using for bigger 'all mountain' rides and some dh at N* and whatnot when I don't want to ride the DH bike.
This is a bit of an experiment to see if I'm going to still need a dh bike after riding this thing. But I'm also hoping to be able to be comfortable for longer rides with some climbing too. Time will tell.
I went goofing around late last night and was really starting to feel the bike. Definetly a HUGE differnce from the last Bruja's!

must ride must ride must ride soon!

frorider

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
cali
nice. kinda like the uzzi / totem 2 step i just built up and posted here.

main difference is i went with mav 823 rims and an all-mtn crank. whereas you want with 819 rims (which is what i use on my 30 lb xc/am bike...i don't think they're wide enough / strong enough for N* applications, but you may be lighter than me). and those diabolus cranks are beef.

boone

Monkey
Jun 27, 2005
Oooohhh that looks really nice! Should be tons o fun.

That seat tube looks really tall? Are you gonna be able to get that thing down far enough to be comfortable? Otherwise looks great. Smae weight as my ufo st :)

Looks like and overweight, oversuspended cross country bike!
Yeah, that' pretty good assessment of it right now. I'm waiting for the two ring guide to show up so I can ditch the big chainring.
And I was riding around my property goofing around, so the seat was at full leg extension setting.

The wheels are super bulletproof....for me. I'm a big guy, but ride light on the wheels somehow as I've torn up loads of other components but wheels seem to last me awhile. Must be the builder...

RJM

Monkey
May 18, 2005
on the rocks
One super nice frame you have there...all the bits too.

I'll be curious to see how you like the air/coil combo.

rockin good times ahead...

One super nice frame you have there...all the bits too.

I'll be curious to see how you like the air/coil combo.

rockin good times ahead...
The back of the bike is endlessly smooth....the front I'm still waiting for it to break in a bit before passing judgement. But as of right now the front has a pretty tough spike in the initial part of the stroke. I'm hoping that will solve itself with some more ride time. Have about 10hrs of ride time right now.