Quantcast

New Bin Laden tape coming soon...

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
:D
thanks dude.

he says it doesn't matter who is in the white house. I've been saying that all along......

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I question the timing of this

Does Bin Laden release tapes blaming Bush to get people to vote against him, or he does he try to use reverse psychology and piss people off by telling them what to do ultimately to get people to vote for bush?

All I know is "Never go in against a Sicilian, when *death* is on the line.". Hahahahahah.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Bin Laden's Message To America
Osama bin Laden, in a videotaped message aired Friday, directly admitted for the first time that he ordered the Sept. 11 attacks and said "the best way to avoid another Manhattan" was to stop threatening Muslims' security.

It was the first footage of the al Qaeda leader to surface in more than a year. The video, broadcast on the Arab television station Al-Jazeera, showed bin Laden with a long gray beard, wearing traditional white robes, a turban and a golden cloak reading from papers in front of a plain, brown curtain.

There was no immediate way to authenticate the tape or say when it was made, although it did refer to next week's U.S. presidential elections.

"We decided to destroy towers in America," bin Laden said, referring to the World Trade Center.

"God knows that it had not occurred to our mind to attack the towers, but after our patience ran out and we saw the injustice and inflexibility of the American-Israeli alliance toward our people in Palestine and Lebanon, this came to my mind," he said.

He accused President Bush of "misleading" the American people since the 2001 suicide airline hijackings that hit the World Trade Center and the Pentagon.

"Your security is not in the hands of (Democratic candidate John) Kerry or Bush or al Qaeda. Your security is in your own hands," bin Laden said.

"To the U.S. people, my talk is to you about the best way to avoid another disaster," he said. "I tell you: security is an important element of human life and free people do not give up their security."

"If Bush says we hate freedom, let him tell us why we didn't attack Sweden, for example. It is known that those who hate freedom do not have dignified souls, like those of the 19 blessed ones," he said, referring to the 19 hijackers.

"We fought you because we are free… and want to regain freedom for our nation. As you undermine our security we undermine yours."

The image of bin Laden reading a statement was dramatically different from the few other videos of the al Qaeda leader that have emerged since the Sept. 11 attacks.

In the last videotape, issued Sept. 10, 2003, bin Laden is seen walking through rocky terrain with his top deputy Ayman al-Zawahri, both carrying automatic rifles. In a taped message issued at the same time, bin Laden praises the "great damage to the enemy" on Sept. 11 and mentions five hijackers by name.

In December 2001, the Pentagon released a videotape in which bin Laden is shown at a dinner with associates in Afghanistan on Nov. 9, 2001, saying the destruction of the Sept. 11 attacks exceeded even his "optimistic" calculations.

But in none of his previous messages, audio or video, did bin Laden directly state that he ordered the attacks.

The last audiotape purportedly from bin Laden came in April. The speaker on the tape, which CIA analysts said likely was the al Qaeda leader, offered a truce to European nations if they pull troops out of Muslim countries. The tape referred to the March 22 assassination by Israel of Hamas founder Sheik Ahmed Yassin.

Al-Zawahri, bin Laden's Egyptian deputy, has spoken on three recent audiotapes that emerged on June 11, Sept. 9 and Oct. 1 this year. In the latest, he called on young Muslims to strike the United States and its allies.
.....Still trying to find an actual transcript...

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Westy said:
I question the timing of this

Does Bin Laden release tapes blaming Bush to get people to vote against him, or he does he try to use reverse psychology and piss people off by telling them what to do ultimately to get people to vote for bush?

All I know is "Never go in against a Sicilian, when *death* is on the line.". Hahahahahah.
Bin Laden knows that we know that if he endorses Bush, he really wants Kerry to win. But we know that he knows that by supporting Bush we will think he wants Kerry to win and in turn vote for Bush. But he knows that we know that he knows that by supporting Bush he actually hopes Kerry will win but we will see through that and vote for Bush. But we know that he knows that we know that he knows.... :dead:

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
G-County, NC
Well at least all the conspiracy theorists now know that Bush isn't holding him in some prison for a last second victory......

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I think he actually just wants the US to stop fvcking with Muslim countries for American gain. He doesn't give a **** if Bush or Kerry is the one to do this.

Obviously Bush won't ever stop, and more than likely Kerry won't either.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Changleen said:
I think he actually just wants the US to stop fvcking with Muslim countries for American gain. He doesn't give a **** if Bush or Kerry is the one to do this.

Obviously Bush won't ever stop, and more than likely Kerry won't either.
He doesn't know what he wants anymore. Something as nebulous as muslim security..... At least the Palestians can tell you exactly what they want. Osama a$$hat doesn't even know anymore.

Or he could have an f'ing screw loose and actually likes to kill using the name of God as a crutch because his daddy didn't love him enough.

And wasn't it you that said that 9/11 was a big hoax.... sorta takes the air out of that one doesn't it.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
More.... Damnit, why does no one just have the video or the transcript?

Osama bin Laden has accused US President George W Bush of deceiving the American people and said the September 11 attacks would not have been so severe if the president had been alert.

Bin Laden also said the United States could face renewed attacks because the reasons for mounting the September 11 strikes still existed.

In an address on Al Jazeera television just days ahead of the US presidential election, bin Laden also said the US administration resembled "corrupt" Arab governments.

"It never occurred to us that the commander in chief of the country (Bush) would leave 50,000 citizens in the two towers to face those horrors alone ... because he thought listening to a child discussing her goats was more important," bin Laden said, referring to Bush's visit to a school when the attack occurred.

In his clearest comments yet taking responsibility for the attacks three years ago, he said just days before President George W Bush faces re-election: "Despite entering the fourth year after September 11, Bush is still deceiving you and hiding the truth from you and therefore the reasons are still there to repeat what happened."

Al Qaeda leader bin Laden said he had first thought of attacking the United States after the 1982 Israeli invasion of Lebanon.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
DRB said:
And wasn't it you that said that 9/11 was a big hoax.... sorta takes the air out of that one doesn't it.
Maybe. Maybe not. Still doesn't expalin why some of the hijackers are alive, why WTC7 collapsed, Bin Laden has never mentioned the Pentagon, and there is still no actual evidence it was him. He might have just figured since everyone is blaming him, and it does suit his political ends, just to be done with it take the credit for it. This is the first time he's ever actually come this close to admitting responsibility. I'd like to see the actuall tape or at least a transcript.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
OK, This is great - The White house has 'responded' to the tape, although they may not have actually listened to it considering what he says:

"All Americans are united in our strength and resolve to defeat the ideology that bin Laden articulates in this tape," McClellan said. "We are doing everything we can to prevail in the war on terrorism and defeat the ideology of hatred that bin Laden articulates in this tape."
Bin Laden:
"We fought you because we are free… and want to regain freedom for our nation. As you undermine our security we undermine yours."

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Better translation (thanks BBC!):

"Oh American people, my talk to you is about the best way to avoid another Manhattan, about the war, its causes, and results.

"Security is an important pillar of human life. Free people do not relinquish their security. This is contrary to Bush's claim that we hate freedom.

"Let him tell us why we did not strike Sweden, for example. It is known that those who hate freedom do not have proud souls, like the souls of the 19 people [killed while perpetrating the 11 September 2001 attacks], may God have mercy on them.

"We fought you because we are free and do not accept injustice. We want to restore freedom to our nation. Just as you waste our security, we will waste your security.

"I am amazed at you. Although almost four years have passed since the [11September] incidents, Bush is still practising distortion and confusion.

"He also continues to conceal from you the real reason [for the 11 September attacks]. Thus, the motives still exist for repeating what happened.

"I will speak to you about the reasons behind these incidents. I will honestly tell you about the minutes in which the decision was made so that you will consider. I say to you that God knows that the idea of striking the towers never occurred to us.

"But, after things had gone too far and we saw the injustice of the US-Israeli alliance against our people in Palestine and Lebanon, I started thinking of that.

"The events that influenced me directly trace back to 1982 and subsequent events when the United States gave permission to the Israelis to invade Lebanon, with the aid of the sixth US fleet.

"At those difficult moments, many meanings that are hard to describe went on in my mind. However, these meanings produced an overwhelming feeling to reject injustice and generated a strong determination to punish the unjust ones.

"While I was looking at those destroyed towers in Lebanon, it occurred to me to punish the unjust one in a similar manner by destroying towers in the United States so that it would feel some of what we felt and to be deterred from killing our children and women...

"We did not find it difficult to deal with Bush and his administration, because it is similar to regimes in our countries, half of which are governed by the military and the other half of which are governed by the sons of kings and presidents; and we have a long experience with them.

"In both categories, you find many who are characterised by hubris, arrogance, greed, and unlawful acquisition of money. This similarity transpired since Bush Senior's visit to the region.

"While some of our people were dazzled by the United States and hoped that these visits would affect our countries, he, instead, was affected by these royal and military regimes, envying them for remaining in their posts for scores of years, embezzling public money without being held accountable or monitored.

"Accordingly, he transferred dictatorship and the repression of freedoms to his son by introducing the Patriot Act under the pretext of fighting terrorism.

"Bush Senior deemed it appropriate to assign his sons to states. He also did not forget to convey the [election] rigging experience from the leaders of the [Arab] region to Florida to benefit from it at critical times...

"We had agreed with the chief amir [leader - of the 11 September hijackers] Mohammed Atta that he should accomplish all the operations within 20 minutes before Bush and his administration could take notice.

"It never occurred to us that the supreme commander of the US armed forces would leave 50,000 of his citizens in the two towers to face those great horrors alone, at a time when they needed him badly.

"This is because it seemed to him that being preoccupied with the little child's talk about her goat and its butting was more important than being preoccupied with the planes and their ramming into the skyscrapers.

"This gave with three times the period required for carrying out the operations, praise be to God.

"Your security does not lie in the hands of Kerry, Bush, or al-Qaeda. Your security is in your own hands. Each and every state that does not tamper with our security will have automatically assured its own security."

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Changleen said:
Better translation (thanks BBC!):
Bin Laden wants a Muslim "superstate", he could careless about the individual Muslim countries or their sovereignty or their security. What he wants is the US out of the Middle East so that he can begin to overthrow the individual governments of the Middle East, especially Saudi Arabia, Jordan and Egypt.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
DRB said:
Bin Laden wants a Muslim "superstate", he could careless about the individual Muslim countries or their sovereignty or their security. What he wants is the US out of the Middle East so that he can begin to overthrow the individual governments of the Middle East, especially Saudi Arabia, Jordan and Egypt.
Who told you that? Fox News?

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Changleen said:
Who told you that? Fox News?
No he did over and over in speechs and video tapes.

"Let the whole world know that we shall never accept that the tragedy of Andalusia would be repeated in Palestine. We cannot accept that Palestine will become Jewish."

The Ottomans had ruled the region for 600 years or so, and brought varying degrees of political harmony under the Sultanate and religious unity under the Caliphate. The 1920 Sykes-Picot treaty did away with the political order ... In bin Laden's universe, that was when everything started to go wrong. Viewed in that context, his plots against the Saudi and Jordanian monarchies make perfect sense. They are products of this original sin, the establishment of the political order of the Middle East by the Allied powers 80 years ago.

From a 2003 speech....

'Without Hijra and Jihad, No Islamic State Will Arise'
"…Since the fall of the Islamic Caliphate state, regimes that do not rule according to the Koran have arisen. If truth be told, these regimes are fighting against the law of Allah. Despite the proliferation of universities, schools, books, preachers, imams, mosques, and [people who recite the] Koran, Islam is in retreat, unfortunately, because the people are not walking in the path of Muhammad…"

"In order to establish the Islamic state and spread the religion, there must be [five conditions], a group, hearing, obedience, a Hijra, and a Jihad. Those who wish to elevate Islam without Hijra and without Jihad sacrifices for the sake of Allah have not understood the path of Muhammad…"
From the same speech.
"Afghanistan is [but] a few hours away from the Arabian Peninsula, or from any of the countries of the Islamic world… but the Taliban state disappeared, and they did not lift a finger. I say that I am convinced that thanks to Allah, this nation has sufficient forces to establish the Islamic state and the Islamic Caliphate, but we must tell these forces that this is their obligation. Similarly, we need to tell the other forces, those who [are] restricting these forces, that they are sinning by restricting these forces…"

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Hmm, That's hardly demanding the creation of an Islamic superstate. He's just pissed that proper Islam, as he sees it, is being corrupted by by increasingly un-Islamic rulers of these countries. The Saudis who are economically dependant on the US, Egypt and Jordan who are being paid off by the US to keep their noses out of Israel vs. Palestine.

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
DRB said:
No he did over and over in speechs and video tapes.

"Let the whole world know that we shall never accept that the tragedy of Andalusia would be repeated in Palestine. We cannot accept that Palestine will become Jewish."

The Ottomans had ruled the region for 600 years or so, and brought varying degrees of political harmony under the Sultanate and religious unity under the Caliphate. The 1920 Sykes-Picot treaty did away with the political order ... In bin Laden's universe, that was when everything started to go wrong. Viewed in that context, his plots against the Saudi and Jordanian monarchies make perfect sense. They are products of this original sin, the establishment of the political order of the Middle East by the Allied powers 80 years ago.

From a 2003 speech....

From the same speech.
Wow, thanks for putting all that together. Rad!

Here's what we oughta do.
a) Call up Venezuela (where we get most of our oil from......not the middle east) and tell them to turn the pumps up to 11.
b) Open the taps in Texas
c) Open the taps in PA
d) Drill a big f'n hole in the middle of Alaska.
e) Call the middle east and tell them to lick our balls because we no longer need their oil.
f) Pull out.
g) Let them fight each other for about five years and wait for the phone call from them begging us to start buying from them again.
h) Repeat the "lick our balls" statement.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Damn True said:

a) Call up Venezuela (where we get most of our oil from......not the middle east) and tell them to turn the pumps up to 11.
c) Open the taps in PA
e) Call the middle east and tell them to lick our balls because we no longer need their oil.
f) Pull out.
g) Let them fight each other for about five years and wait for the phone call from them begging us to start buying from them again.
I agree with point f) only, and it has provisions - namely that you tidy up the mess you made first.

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Changleen said:
I agree with point f) only, and it has provisions - namely that you tidy up the mess you made first.
This is a mess that began in 1972 when old Yasser began the use of International terrorism as a means of communication. This mess is on the hands of Islamic terrorists. Let them clean it up.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Damn True said:
This is a mess that began in 1972 when old Yasser began the use of International terrorism as a means of communication. This mess is on the hands of Islamic terrorists. Let them clean it up.
Do you really believe that retreating into your shell is the best way to deal with this?

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Bestest ever:

its the same argument used by both sides. the chicken and egg paradox.... but... uhm.... who hit who first???

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
ALEXIS_DH said:
Bestest ever:

its the same argument used by both sides. the chicken and egg paradox.... but... uhm.... who hit who first???
Greeks vs. Ottomans or do you wanna go further than that? ;)

bomberz1qr20

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Damn True said:

c) Open the taps in PA
f) Pull out.
Can we fit in there, somewhere near the top:

A) Get the f*ck off the oil teat and develop a means of transportation that doesn't rely on 100 year old technology.

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Changleen said:
Do you really believe that retreating into your shell is the best way to deal with this?

Not at all. But it would give us the opportunity to have a good laugh when the middle east plumets into economic depression because they no longer enjoy the influx of our $$$.
Besides, it'll give you blokes the opportunity to take a crack at managing that crap-hole......which I think would make a great reality show on Comedy Central.

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
bomberz1qr20 said:

A) Get the f*ck off the oil teat and develop a means of transportation that doesn't rely on 100 year old technology.
Dude I'm all for it!

As soon as we can build something that works as well and as cheaply as internal combustion I'll buy one.

While we are at it....can we do something about the derailler?

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
bomberz1qr20 said:

:thumb:

Unfortunatly not whilst the Bush family have anything to do with US Government.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Damn True said:
Dude I'm all for it!

As soon as we can build something that works as well and as cheaply as internal combustion I'll buy one.

That depends on how you define 'Cheap'... What about the Environmental costs? If you include thm then Gasoline shoul dhave gone the way of the Dinosaurs long ago...

bomberz1qr20

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Damn True said:
Dude I'm all for it!

Sorry, we blew the R&D money on Iraq!

Whoops!

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Damn True said:
Not at all. But it would give us the opportunity to have a good laugh when the middle east plumets into economic depression because they no longer enjoy the influx of our $$$.
Besides, it'll give you blokes the opportunity to take a crack at managing that crap-hole......which I think would make a great reality show on Comedy Central.
There we have it folks: Republicans. They like to laugh at other people's misfortune.

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Changleen said:
That depends on how you define 'Cheap'... What about the Environmental costs? If you include thm then Gasoline shoul dhave gone the way of the Dinosaurs long ago...
Modern gasoline engines are monumentally more efficient than they were only ten years ago.
Biggest culprits these days is unregulated diesel engines and coal fired electric plants. Those technologies (if you can call them that) have seen the least degree of refinement of any.