Quantcast

New bikey

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
It's been here waiting for me for a bit, but I've been out of the country. BTR Ranger. Pretty damn excited to get it on dirt. Mattoc Pro, lowered to 120mm, Enve AMs, Formula The Ones, 150mm KS Lev, Next SL crank, XT/Saint drivetrain. Still need to trim the rear brake line and mess with the cockpit a bit (think I want a longer stem, any maybe to get the bar a little lower) but I need to get a real ride on it to figure that out.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Sweet. That thing looks really slack. What's the head angle and bb height ?

After being on a Spitfire for a few years now, I can confirm that once you go slack you never go back. I see bikes with a 68˚ or 67˚ HA, and think that's way too steep. :rofl:
64 degrees, 11.8" BB.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
First ride is in the books. I have some setup details that need work but overall :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I dig it. I think I have a pound or 2 of that powder color somewhere. You can make it lighter/darker based on the base coat used. It's a transparent powder, usually used with a silver or aluminum base color.

Very nice looking whip.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Nice, where'd you take it? I'll probably be on the wet side next Sunday looking for a ride somewhere. Maybe Tiger or Capital Forest.
I went to Tiger. I'm having a minor procedure this week that might put me out of commission for the weekend, but depending how I'm feeling I might be game. I'll touch base later in the week

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I went to Tiger. I'm having a minor procedure this week that might put me out of commission for the weekend, but depending how I'm feeling I might be game. I'll touch base later in the week
Has the top down neutering of Tiger been completed?

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle

Now with moar purplez. Also fewer shimz. I took one off the rebound stack to speed things up. I'd been running it wide open, and only found that to be sorta fast enough. Now I've got some nice useable range out of the adjuster.

The bike is fvcking rad. If I was going full custom I'd have made the reach a little longer, the seat tube a little slacker, and the BB a little lower, but as is it's pretty damn good. I've taken it down some trails people routinely push DH bikes up to, and it ate it up. Definitely not as fast or forgiving in that stuff as a FS bike, but it's fun as hell.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Has the top down neutering of Tiger been completed?
Yeah, though the results are pretty fun. Just different, in the fast and flowy vein. I'm okay with it. They're also in the process of building a properly steep, technical DH trail that is pretty damn awesome thus far.