Quantcast

New bikey! [o]

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Bit of bike swapping going on in the scrubby household... More AM leaning towards FR than the other way around, but there you go.

150mm rear/160mm front. A bit lower and longer than my old ride, with an inch less travel but roughly the same angles. Still some nice sub-17" stays that make me happy. I'm no big hucker, just like slack bikes - nice that it's getting easier to get slack bikes without having to resort to pure DH and FR bikes. Tight and twisty, rooty and rocky, steep up and down east coast woods play bike. Only a few rides on it so far, but me likey. A lot.

08 Pitch Comp frame with stock direct mount front mech is all that I kept off the stock build. Swapped on all my parts from my prior frame, and am selling all the new/old stuff to help finance it all. Totem Solo Air (in 2Step chassis) lowered to 160mm. Brought the BB height up to 14" even, slackened the bike to ~ 66.5 degrees at the head angle. Wheelbase right at 46" long. Me likey. Fox RP23 shock swapped on the frame - the stock X-fusion is a parts bin spare in case the Fox craps out on me.

SARS headset
Thomson 50mm stem, 31.8mm
Sunline bar low rise, 31.8mm, 29.5" wide
Avid Juicy 5 brakes 203mm front/185mm rear, Dangerboy levers
SRAM X.9 rear twist shifter, Suntour XC Pro front thumby
ODI Rogue lock on grips

Gravity Dropper 0", 1", 4" non-remote post (using a shim to run that)
WTB something or other ti rail saddle
Hope bolt on seat clamp
Hadley rear hub with 10mm bolt thru, Hope Bulb 20mm front. DT 5.1 rims, something or other spokes and nipples.
Kenda Kinetics 2.6" Stick-e rubber, sometimes the DH version in back with generic tubes for nearly another pound
SRAM 990 11-34 cassette, running 8 cogs

Deore external cranks, Race Face BB with Enduro bearings swapped in
Shimano M647 pedals
Blackspire Stinger lower chainguide with MRP LRP roller
SRAM something or other cheapy 9speed chain
SRAM X.9 mid cage rear mech
buncha' ti and alu bits here and there

I think it's somewhere in the 30-32# range, but haven't had it near a decent scale to get a good weight. Total cost after getting a sweet deal on the Totem and RP23 used,$450us off MSRP on the Pitch Comp complete, selling a bunch of my old crap and the crap off the Pitch is not much. :)

DORO

Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
does that frame have iscg tabs?

Does the totem void warranty? Rather can it handle a 160mm fork?

DORO

Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
forget it. I answered my own questions. Its nice to see iscg tabs on all mountian rigs now.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
forget it. I answered my own questions. Its nice to see iscg tabs on all mountian rigs now.
yep, you got it. has the tabs, and is okay with a fork up to 160mm. was going to run a lyrik solo air like i have on my hardtail, but found this totem little used for way, way cheaper than any lyriks i've seen. couldn't pass it up. then have the option of upping the travel should i want to use it on a bigger bike in the future.

Patan-DH

Monkey
Jun 9, 2007
Patagonia
Looks like a nice bike to race MegaAvalanche's style races.
And good for some xc training too.
It is the one that comes with the pike, isn't it? may i ask how much you pay for the complete bike? i'm considering one as my next bike.

robert80

Chimp
Oct 6, 2008
the trail...or at work
I think it's somewhere in the 30-32# range, but haven't had it near a decent scale to get a good weight. Total cost after getting a sweet deal on the Totem and RP23 used,$450us off MSRP on the Pitch Comp complete, selling a bunch of my old crap and the crap off the Pitch is not much. :)
I'm curious to get an actual weight, if you can get it to a scale...I can't ever get a burly bike down to 30 pounds. My size large S-Works Enduro just weighed in at 33 lbs last night.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Looks like a nice bike to race MegaAvalanche's style races.
And good for some xc training too.
It is the one that comes with the pike, isn't it? may i ask how much you pay for the complete bike? i'm considering one as my next bike.
Yep, this was the Comp version, 08 year. 450 off msrp. Selling most of the stock parts, bunch of spare crap, and my old frame is offsetting the rest.

I'm curious to get an actual weight, if you can get it to a scale...I can't ever get a burly bike down to 30 pounds. My size large S-Works Enduro just weighed in at 33 lbs last night.
i'm itching to get an accurate weight, purely for bike geek reasons. i'm estimating 32-ish, but i may be way under.

EastCoaster

Monkey
Mar 30, 2002
Southeastern PA
Scrub,
What fully were you previously on?
Still have the AM Ti frame built up? Or, are you sticking to duallys now that you've been on the east coast for some time?

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Scrub,
What fully were you previously on?
Still have the AM Ti frame built up? Or, are you sticking to duallys now that you've been on the east coast for some time?
Oh hell no! I have the ti frame, and still ride it a bit over half the time.

Had a most excellent night ride tonight on it, in fact. New place to me that will need some more daytime exploration. Some sweet, chunky rocky steep up and down stuff. :)