Quantcast

New bike

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Well, mostly new to me, in any case. I decided to get a road frame to replace my cx frame and transfer most of the parts. I got the frame, fork and bars off of RM (not bad for $150): Lemond Alpe D'Huez. 2007, I think. Given that I am a (lazy/busy) graduate student, the build was based on what would give me cost-effective performance and reliability. That makes for a pretty boring, but solid build.

I think I'll pretty much be keeping it as is, aside from a few adjustments and maybe some cable trimming. The wheels on there now are my "training" pair (quotes because I haven't raced road and don't plan to). I will probably swap the set out for my lighter pair when spring hits: EA90SLX, Diamante Pros, Ultegra 11-25.

Frame is a bit strange. It's one of the Lemond "spine" bikes: aluminum DT, HT, CS and BB; carbon TT, ST and stays. Not a bad idea.

Love the feel of these bars so far. Very comfortable in the drops

This is the most worked component I own. Maybe 9 years of use so far with no problems. Hoods have been replaced twice I think, no paint left on the shift lever and only a tiny bit on the brake lever.

These cranks have done pretty well. BB didn't do as well; Shimano unit in there now. These are my first pair of dedicated road pedals and have been nice so far. Pedals (105) and shoes (SH-R215) are both a bit used, but cost me about $70 for both.

Overall, I'm happy so far. Only done one real ride outside and maybe a half dozen on the trainer, but it seems to fit well and ride smoothly.