Quantcast

new bike making strange noises

adurham

Monkey
Jun 9, 2005
I just got an iron horse sgs pro freeride. just cruising around the neighborhood it started making these creaking noises. the noises seem to come from the pivots near the shock (swinger 3 way) or maybe the shock, its hard to tell. anyone had an experience with this? what did you do? this is probably the consequence of buying a bike at supergo but the price was too sweet to resist.

thanks

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
Do a search,
You will find information about the lower shock bolt being too small on all of the SGS's with Manitou shocks. JM had a great thread with details on how to fix it...or call IH and talk to Bruce (ext. 209), he should hook you up.

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
The 04's with the Manitou shocks and e.thirteen linkage. The linkage was drilled for a 5th element shock bolt, which required a shock bolt/reducer/spacer assembly that wasn't quite the correct size.

adurham

Monkey
Jun 9, 2005
i just had to lube all the pivots and now its running great im pretty sure supergo put the adapter in there already also so its running great

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
priceseliger14 said:
try to take the bolts out, and put em back in and then grease the pivots, or just tighten everything. Try tightinig eveything first.
Just cranking everything tighter = bad idea.

Taking bolts out and greasing pivots = good idea.

I had a similar problem and used the good idea technique and everything's swell now.

habitatxskate

blah blah blah
Mar 22, 2005
i bought a faith and the rear shcok still makes noices..i went from bmx and i was like oh **** the bike is about to explode..all fr or dh bikes make noise