Quantcast

New 04 Super T or used shiver DC for an 04 V10

Feb 20, 2004
Oklahoma
? Primarily a race bike but I will do some freeriding (gasp) on it too.

I can get a brand new 04 Super T for about the same price as a used Shiver DC.

I am replacing a 01 Super T that I really like but I need a little more travel for the V10.

Talk amongst yourselves....

Thanks

MaD666MaX

Monkey
Jul 24, 2004
Montreal
I tried my 2002 super ts and 2001 shiver on my friends v10 and they both worked awsome! The shiver is a nice fork too but a bit heavier and confortable due to flex(i dont think its a bad thing). The new super t has less tire clearance but its lighter...tough choice, i think id go shiver...

Feb 20, 2004
Oklahoma
I had also considered a 02 Super T to get the recommended 7" of travel but It is a bit flexy. I think the new Super t is actually heavier than the 01/02. Tire clearance is what keeps me from getting a 03.

Feb 20, 2004
Oklahoma
Kevin said:
Ive owned both a Shiver DC as a Super T pro. The super T is a pretty decent fork but is far superior to the super T.
I got a very good deal on a dorado but I would have kept the shiver for my 05 v10 no doubt.
Please clarify? You say the super t is decent but far superior to the super t?

Thanks

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
I've ridden a '03 Sup T, and I currently have a '03 Shiv on my rig...Between the two, I'd say Shiver all the way...It's obviously heavier, but I think the damping feels better (think Monster w/o weighing 12 lbs) and I personally haven't noticed any flex...Plus, you get an additional 20 mm of travel (I know, it's not a lot - but I'm running out of things to say)...Both are nice forx needless to say, but if you're mainly doing DH stuff, I think the Shiver is the best choice...Oh yeah, I almost forgot, I run a 2.7 Maxxis on my Shiver with absolutely no clearance problems...

Just make sure the stanchions aren't all scratched up if you go with the Shiver...

(Btw, I *think* Kevin was trying to say: "the Super T is a pretty decent fork, but the Shiver is far superior to the Super T"...At least that's my guess anyway)

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
I've got a 02 Shiver on mine and love it. It's a bit heavy but I think that being a big guy myself at around 200# it works just fine. I might end up lightening it up next summer and get a Boxxer or Super T or Dh40 or something depending on how much money I have as well as if I actually think I need it. PM me if you want to discuss more about how the shiver rides on it.

Coopie

Chimp
Nov 22, 2004
I like the feel of a shiver at high speed. Only lighty tested super Ts. A WC boxxer is also a good choice.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Frankenschwinn said:
Please clarify? You say the super t is decent but far superior to the super t?

Thanks
What I meant to say was the Shiver is superior to the super T.
It just handles bumps better. Ive owned and tested them both and I think the super T is good for freeride and pretty decent for racing but the shiver does really great in both.

me89

Monkey
May 25, 2004
asheville
ive got an 04 super t on my 03 sgs team dh and it is awsome. but the shiver would also compliment the v10 very well in the fact that its a frame ment to go fast with a fork that was ment to handle fast speeds. and i just dig the inverted look. on the super t's behalf its damping is very very supple and corners like a brand new enzo ferrari. it handles the slow speed bumps very well and also handles the big hits and out of controll speeds i hit on my sgs. if it was me i would get the new super t just because of the fact that it is new and you dont have to worry about stanchions, oil leaks, bad seals, or any other probs that plague used forks. but its up to you man just my opinion good luck and either fork you chose will work well for you application.

lonewolfe

Monkey
Nov 14, 2002
Bay Area
I've never ridden a V10 but I do have a 2003 Bullit which was set up with a 2002 Shiver and is now set up with a 2004 Super T. I like the Super T a heck of a lot more than the Shiver and this is why. First of all, the Shiver is 2-3 lbs. heavier than the Super T. It really is noticeable! Secondly, the Super T Corners like it is on rails where as the Shiver would get scetchy in turns where the terrain is rough. If you are bombing down a trail that is straight then the Shiver is pretty hard to beat. It is super plush and soaks up everything but as soon as you lean it into a turn you will notice the superior handling of the Super T. If it were me I'd look at either getting a great deal on a new 2004 Super T or save your money a bit longer and get an 888RC.