Quantcast

Nethercutt Collection = Cool Cars

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
One of the best things about living in LA is the variety of culture and how much there is to explore. I had an appointment at Merle Norman Cosmetics today and I learned the story of the company from a very nice purchasing agent. Merle Nethercutt Norman started making cosmetics in her home in the 1910's and sold them to friends, the company grew and eventually they moved into their current location in Sylmar, CA. Merle turned over the company to her nephew J.B. Norman and his wife in the 1930's, he turned over his collection to a trust in the 70's and built two museums to showcase the cars and other collectables. After my appointment I took a self guided tour of the Nethercutt Collection and was amazed when I walked thru the door.

OMG!!!

Never heard of this auto company but the car is beautiful!

The collection had so many pristine Dusenbuergs, Rolls and Bugatis, who knew there was so much money in cosmetics.

The Norman's were more than just car collectors, they collected Train and organs, too. You can learn more about the collections at: www.nethercutt.org

Last edited: