Quantcast

need shock help

Handlebarsfsr

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
ct
i have an 02 stinky primo, which stock has a 7.875x2 shock. i bought a vanilla rc that a seller told me was the right size, but on the bike, the shock looks too short. turns out, its like a 7.5x2. is there anything i can do to change the i2i, or do i have to sell this and get the right size, or is it ok to run this length?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
There's nothing you can do to change the i2i.

It might be okay to run it like that, but it'll whack out your geometry, and you'll have to check to make sure that nothing bottoms out on anything else (like the linkage banging the seat tube or something) - take the spring off and cycle the suspension all the way through.

Also, it can do funny things to the suspension rate - might end up with a weird falling rate at the end of the stroke or somesuch.

I'd be inclined to send it back to the seller and ask for my money back if you were told it was a size that it wasn't...

Handlebarsfsr

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
ct
binary visions said:
There's nothing you can do to change the i2i.

It might be okay to run it like that, but it'll whack out your geometry, and you'll have to check to make sure that nothing bottoms out on anything else (like the linkage banging the seat tube or something) - take the spring off and cycle the suspension all the way through.

Also, it can do funny things to the suspension rate - might end up with a weird falling rate at the end of the stroke or somesuch.

I'd be inclined to send it back to the seller and ask for my money back if you were told it was a size that it wasn't...
seller isnt responding to any of my emails, i bought this awhile ago and never put it on (never really rode the bike, winter and all).

Handlebarsfsr

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
ct
DHS said:
how much you want to sell for?
name a price, i paid 150 for it, id like to get that back, or at least enough to get me a 7.875 vanilla rc. and i just measured it, it hits the seatpost clamp, so this doesnt work for me. the rebound and compression work perfectly, and i belive its a 03 model (whatever the last year before propedal was).

Handlebarsfsr

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
ct
DHS said:
sorry could get the same thing, total with it being pushed....
if so thats a smokin deal, push wants 180 just for their service. go for it. otherwise, make me an offer, its no good to me.