Quantcast

Need Opinions: Overhaul Monster's or get an 888rc?

Sep 17, 2006
I have an 02 monster t which I am currently quite unhappy with because of how easy it bottoms and the lack of adjustment. I put in a super heavy oil in hope that it would fix my bottoming problem but to my surprise it did absolutely nothing! I put as much oil in as I could without creating hydraulic lock but all it did was make a little more noise.

As of right now I am a little unsure of what I want to do and my budget is a little tight. I have the options to send it to marzocchi where they could put in much heavier springs and see what is wrong with the dampening, possibly even see if they could install a compression adjustment (anyone know how much this would cost?), buy a used 05 888rc for around $400, or buy a used 06 66rc2x for around $400. What are your thought's on this? I like my suspension on the stiff side and the thought of being able to pedal well and having a lighter weight bike is pretty tempting... Thanks for your time.

skate

Chimp
Aug 19, 2006
Get the 888. If your Monster is as good as shape as your shock then I would say replace it. Getting them fixed by Marzocch will cost you about as much as a used 888.