Quantcast

Need input... Leadville or TCF National.....

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
Now that I have your attention, I am trying to plan wwwaaayyy ahead for next year. In short, it will be Alaina's 18th bday, and I want to do something that will really honor her. I come to you, RM Collective, to get some feedback. Please, when responding, know the reason, and if you have to, be brutally honest.

1-- Leadville 100. Seems to be around Alaina's bday, and this is one of my bucket list rides. Yes, I know the challenges (training like never before, being selected in the lottery, etc), yet I have a feeling if I register, I just may be picked. The belt buckle will be a very fond reminder of the effort.

2-- The Compassionate Friends National, to be held in Phoenix next year. This, too, is something I've wanted to go to, and have even thought about being a speaker (How to Honor Your Child or Ways to Honor Your Child would be my topic, or something in the area). Held in July, so the heat will be on, haha. Some of the folks I've met through the chat room on the TCF site have said I'd be good at it, and have some insight to share, so I figure I could give it a try. This, too, I'd have to apply for and be selected, so not a sure thing.

3-- Get real. The summer is the busiest time for us, and extra days off or vacations will be very minimal next year. IF I was to approach my scheduler now, they just might grant one or the other. Again, if I'm selected first.

So, which to I really gun for?? Even if you just say "1, 2, or 3", that will mean a lot to me as I work on the biggest celebration for 2016.

Thanks, gang.....

Last edited:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Tough choice as both options are great. Scheduling....would it be feasible to race Leadville and participate at some level (even as a speaker or volunteer for the TCF National)? Honestly, they are both lottery, so it may be worth it to put in for both and let fate decide?

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Tough choice as both options are great. Scheduling....would it be feasible to race Leadville and participate at some level (even as a speaker or volunteer for the TCF National)? Honestly, they are both lottery, so it may be worth it to put in for both and let fate decide?

Normally, I'd live on the edge and do so, however, with non-refundable registration fees for Leadville, and I'm not sure about any fees for TCF (yet), I'd rather have a sure thing and do one, or none if that's what happens, than getting both and having to choose.....

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Well, I did it...... I put in my form for TCF to be a presenter. Now to wait. Doesn't mean Leadville is out, just that I had to act quickly.

To present, and show all my custom jerseys, 3 bikes (especially the Cannondale I won on Alaina's first bday), and all the plates, will be a huge honor.