Quantcast

Need help finding an odd sized shock

Handlebarsfsr

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
ct
Fellow monkey needs your help- the 6.75x1.75 rockshox Sid shock on my old Norco vps fluid has sh!t the bed, and parts are no longer made to rebuild it. I've tried contacting Norco with no luck, and 6 weeks of scouring manufacturers sites, eBay, pb, RM, and other classifieds have turned up nothing. I found that cane creek can custom build me a shock for about $600, but that's out of my price range for this old bike. Anyone know where I can get a shock in this size?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Risse racing will do it, avalanche will probably do it, and you can send your SID to Hippietech to have it rebuilt if you don't want a new one.

Handlebarsfsr

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
ct
Risse racing will do it, avalanche will probably do it, and you can send your SID to Hippietech to have it rebuilt if you don't want a new one.
Thanks for the info! I'd prefer to get something else, as this shock only has lockout, no other adjustments, and it's damping leaves something to be desired compared to the foxes I've ridden. I'll contact them and see what they can do about a rebuild.

Handlebarsfsr

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
ct
I see they make 6.5" x 1.5" shocks.. might spice up your Norco a bit? but yeah quick glance I didn't see anything.
I'd really prefer not to go down that road, the bike already has a relatively low bb and slack head angle (68*) and 5" travel, dropping 3/4" from the bb and travel and slackening out the head angle by almost a degree will make the bike ride poorly for a trailbike. I would make the switch if this was a slopestyle bike in a heartbeat.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I looked and it doesn't look like avalanche does a shock in that size. I'm sure risse will do it, you might be able to get their genesis in that size, which has rebound and compression. Another alternative might be an older fox vanilla shock, then have it push tuned. it won't have any adjustments, but it might work again!