Quantcast

Nate Lewis Pinning It

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Went and did some more photos to document the testing. He was feeling good.
Me the shooter not so much but I got a few OK shots.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Coming from the east coast, it appears that Nate has way too much bike on his hands for those trails. I could be wrong though.
Yeah, totally. It's NOTHING like the east cost stuff. Way easier. He should be on an all-mountain/light-freeride/black-diamond/big-hit bike. Anyone who needs a DH bike for that trail is a nancy.

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
Coming from the east coast, it appears that Nate has way too much bike on his hands for those trails. I could be wrong though.
Bring your super gnar gnar DH bike and I'll shuttle you and hacktastic myself (for free) on that trail and give you $20 if you can hit every feature your first time down, seriously.

p.s. Nice pics. Haven't seen many of the double there before. Do you have any of pussycrack? Never seen anyone hit it, kinda wonder what it would look like. Although I'd imagine getting a worthwhile shot of that is nearly impossible

Last edited:

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
I was afraid to click on this, in fear of that 'rock shot'….

;-)
You mean the one with the tress behind it or the last one?

Stik that trail is just large rock after large rock. There is a reason Lancaster and Robertson were doubling that 50 footer at the top of Big Bear in 2001 side by side while the other pros were debating hitting it at all! Its in the 2001 WTB catalog. AHAHAH

You need to come up here and shoot some boys riding it bring Chris K he will like it!

Last edited:

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
Stik that trail is just large rock after large rock. There is a reason Lancaster and Collins were doubling that 50 footer at the top of Big Bear in 2001 side by side while the other pros were debating hitting it at all! Its in the 2001 WTB catalog. AHAHAH!
Got a copy of that pic?

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Got a copy of that pic?
You know I have the 2001 Catalog at home. Tell U what Ill lay it out and shoot a pic of it and include the photogs name. And then post it up. There were two large doubles back to back with like 30-40 feet between them.

wood booger

Monkey
Jul 16, 2008
the land of cheap beer
That trail will break you and make you bleed.

Only trail I have ever heard of that legit WC DH guys refused to ride. Kircaldie? Rennie? I don't remember exactly but Shaums was the only one in the group besides Richard and the Santa Margarita kids who would hit it. You should have seen Richard trying to hit the double before the berm was there. Crazy.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
That trail will break you and make you bleed.

Only trail I have ever heard of that legit WC DH guys refused to ride. Kircaldie? Rennie? I don't remember exactly but Shaums was the only one in the group besides Richard and the Santa Margarita kids who would hit it. You should have seen Richard trying to hit the double before the berm was there. Crazy.
Ain't that the truth. 1:42-1:43 don't think anybody is gonna beat that time. Leland got close but still 2-3 seconds back! Be interesting to get a top level rider up here and see what times they could get out of it.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
p.s. Nice pics. Haven't seen many of the double there before. Do you have any of pussycrack? Never seen anyone hit it, kinda wonder what it would look like. Although I'd imagine getting a worthwhile shot of that is nearly impossible
Nobody rides that line. Or at least anymore. Think Leland and Baggs in the past have done it a few times. It could be shot OK I think I would just need a super wide lens like 10mm on my Full Frame camera. Of course I want to catch the riders pedals grinding both sides of the crevice as they drop into it. I emailed Sven martin about that image of richard and Travis side by side. See what he says!