Quantcast

Name That Bike!

rigidhack

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
In a Van(couver) down by the river
Looks like I might need a new frame for my local rides (Vancouver North Shore, Fromme, Seymour Cypress, etc.). I'm almost 6'6" ~200lbs and tend to ride aggressively. I pedal if I have to, but not all that well. I have a hardtail and a DH bike, so this is the "in betweener" / play bike. The frame will be matched with a Totem.

Here is what I am after:
no more than 6" of travel
17" or shorter chainstays
135mm rear spacing
1.5 or tapered head tube
24" (or more) effective tt
not easily breakable

Is this just a Bottlerocket, Wildcard, or Intense SS (not my first choice)? Are there other options out there for me?

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Do you care about double ring compatibility?

I've got a BR, and like it a lot as a poppy FR bike. It's not a good DH bike per se, but you don't need it to be that, so it should work pretty well.

rigidhack

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
In a Van(couver) down by the river
Don't care about the dual ring. I'll run 1x9 anyway. The Battery is a teeny tiny bike for me. The Zuza looks to be really short in the top tube, too.

The BR seems to suit how I ride, but I want to know if there are other options. Maybe not?

HAB, how much do you weigh and what weight spring do you use on your BR?

aixelsyd

Chimp
May 16, 2007
Check out the Banshee Rune. I have no personnel experience but have heard good things about it.

Oct 9, 2006
I really enjoy my SS and can't wait to put it to use up there for a few weeks later this summer. If I can just figure out how to stiffen the rear end a little more I will be set to go! I use it for shuttle runs, intermediate pedal uppers(less than 3 miles), and even a bit of XC. But I really really like it for light DH, flow freeride trails, think Team Pangor and CBC.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Don't care about the dual ring. I'll run 1x9 anyway. The Battery is a teeny tiny bike for me. The Zuza looks to be really short in the top tube, too.

The BR seems to suit how I ride, but I want to know if there are other options. Maybe not?

HAB, how much do you weigh and what weight spring do you use on your BR?
160#, 400# spring.