Quantcast

N* ?

mike67

Monkey
Nov 15, 2001
California
I know this is waaayyy early, but...did they complete the construction that closed N* this season? Or is it near completion so that it won't interfere with next season? What's it look like for 07 :cheers: or :plthumbsdown:

mike67

Monkey
Nov 15, 2001
California
Last winter I decided that a real DH bike was in order...So I built up a DHR/06 888/DHS. That F'in bike has seen nothing but the carpet in my house. With family and business, I don't get very much "fun time" for myself...N* was my exit

:nopity:

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
Funny. I was just on the phone talking with a buddy about hitting Auburn today for some shuttles and he was on the Northstar website. He was saying that it looks like they upgraded the lifts to accomodate bikes and that it is supposed to be open for '07.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
I don't know what I will do if they aren't open next season.
Same thing you did this season.

I dunno, I am just kinda tired of crappy jumps and drops to uphill landings, not to mention being lied to about them being open for last season, and just being thier bitch in general. I'm pretty much done with that place. I hope to see them step it up. That place has tons of potential (sp?)

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I dunno, I am just kinda tired of crappy jumps and drops to uphill landings, not to mention being lied to about them being open for last season, and just being thier bitch in general. I'm pretty much done with that place. I hope to see them step it up. That place has tons of potential (sp?)
Yeah me too but like a crack 'ho to the man pushing cut rock, I will be back anyway. And so will you.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California

Having an old man like me kick your ass down the trail kinda got old I guess:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :cheers: :cheers: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :brows: :brows: :brows: ;)

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
That's cool about the lifts. I've only been to whistler, so what were the old ones like?

What are the lifts at Mammoth like?
Their old lifts hung the bike by the top tube and f'd up your precious paint. Mammoth you ride in the gondola.

I still got tons of riding in, mostly xc/trail stuff. Rode d-ville a bunch and Mammoth a few times. Took a trip to Moab and rode Park City.

I really miss close lift-assisted riding. It's hard to justify even owning a downhill bike when I only used it a couple of days this year.

And yes. I feel shortchanged by the * as well. It would have been awesome for another resort like Squaw jump in and take advantage of the uproar. They could have unveiled a whole new mountain at the same time N* was trying to patch things up with the people it pissed off.

TROUT

Chimp
Sep 9, 2006
ELK GROVE
well thats good they'll be open next year. it is nice to have lift access so close. but that place could be A LOT better. boondocks,karpiel,and competition were the only ones i liked. need more drops,some bridges, and maybe some berms without 15" holes in em!

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
True, Rockville is one of the only places that is arguably better in the rain.
It's also cool that you can have fun on anything from a basic ss to a full dh bike.

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
waterfall
There's way, way better stuff out there than waterfall. More fun at least.

I can pedal 1/4 mile to the back entrance, so I know that park retardedly well. I'm actually pretty tired of it, so I ride diff bikes there and ride trails diff directions to spice it up.

I really can't complain. It's great riding and Skyline is only ~15minutes away. I just miss the easy access, extreme variety of trails from when I lived in SLO.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
I love N*, but only on the first day of riding... because the trails are clean.

I've heard that it'll be open, but I've also heard that they totally lied about "grooming" the trails this year, so that next year would be good.

I'm told it was a mess this summer...

I do miss it though.

*bling bling*

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
I love N*, but only on the first day of riding... because the trails are clean.

I've heard that it'll be open, but I've also heard that they totally lied about "grooming" the trails this year, so that next year would be good.

I'm told it was a mess this summer...

I do miss it though.

*bling bling*
er.. there wasn't a "lie" about grooming. It was a lie about opening.

they didn't even open this year.