Quantcast

My Sunday re-build in - process

dh_newbie

Monkey
Jun 7, 2006
Hong Kong
Hi all,
I bought the Sunday 06 Team frame and I have riding it almost half year. So I have decide to take the frame to re-paint it..

I have ask my friend to change the color from black to the pearl white. Here's are the picture. I will try to assemble it ASAP....

By the way, could anybody can tell me the lower shock pivot bearing size. My measurement is 31 mm O.D and 17 mm I.D and the thinkness is 7 mm.

I will post the assemble picture later...

Cheers

Attachments

coma13

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2006
that looks incredible! i have a friend who repainted his green world cup that same color and i thought he got a new one... very nice makeover...

dh_newbie

Monkey
Jun 7, 2006
Hong Kong
Thanks....My orginal idea is pearl pink......but finally I accept my girl friend idea to change as pearl white...

On the other hand, I can't find any decals for the frame. Then I download the web image to be the sticker..

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
You need a 6903-2RS-MAX-E bearing for the main pivots. You can buy them from Iron Horse or Enduro. The MAX-E bearing is custom built for IH and has an extended inner race that replaces the spacer washers found on previous model year Sundays.

Dave

saruti

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
Israel
how did you take off the paint?
why dont you just use the old bearings?
I also want to make my sunday white....

dh_newbie

Monkey
Jun 7, 2006
Hong Kong
how did you take off the paint?
why dont you just use the old bearings?
I also want to make my sunday white....
My friend is take care the painting....so I haven't provide you the detail for this process. When I bring the frame to him.

I have to take off the bearing off the frame and I have find out few bearing can't run smoothly. The I decide to replace all of it.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
My friend is take care the painting....so I haven't provide you the detail for this process. When I bring the frame to him.

I have to take off the bearing off the frame and I have find out few bearing can't run smoothly. The I decide to replace all of it.
if in doubt, repack with grease first. Max bearings won't spin smoothly (like a skateboard wheel) since they're only designed to move in a small arc. check out the faq on www.intensecycles.com as to why Max bearings are necessary on bicycle frames (and also why yours probably are fine).

:monkeydance:

coma13

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2006
You need a 6903-2RS-MAX-E bearing for the main pivots. You can buy them from Iron Horse or Enduro. The MAX-E bearing is custom built for IH and has an extended inner race that replaces the spacer washers found on previous model year Sundays.

Dave
I don't see that bearing listed on their site... Do you have the dimensions by any chance? I might want to source those for a little home-made frame project to avoid using a million little washers... if I can get them to work alright...

Thanks!

Edit: Nevermind! I'm blind apparently!

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
How's the riding in Taiwan? I'm studying to teach English as a Second Language, and there are a TON of job opportunities in Taiwan. Are there any mountains? Grungy mountain people that ride said mountains? Lots of cheap bikes?

dh_newbie

Monkey
Jun 7, 2006
Hong Kong
How's the riding in Taiwan? I'm studying to teach English as a Second Language, and there are a TON of job opportunities in Taiwan. Are there any mountains? Grungy mountain people that ride said mountains? Lots of cheap bikes?

I am living at HK not Taiwan, I think you can also can find job opportunities at here.

We also have some mountain but which is small compare with US or Canada.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Pimp looking ride ya got there!

I really like the logo you put on the downtube - very cool... and the paint looks like it was done professionally as well.

Good work dh_newbie!

:thumb: