Quantcast

My Soul Cycles 4X Matador has finally arrived!

drt_jumper

Monkey
May 20, 2003
Manassas Va
Yeah got mine a week ago....Rides nice...good job with the geo...although coming from a bmx background I would have liked to have the headtube steeper, but it still rides insanely well.
Adam

redical

Monkey
May 19, 2004
Yeah got mine a week ago....Rides nice...good job with the geo...although coming from a bmx background I would have liked to have the headtube steeper, but it still rides insanely well.
Adam
I have over 20 years of BMXin too. The proto was steeper, but it was just too sharp & unsafe for any actual 4x applications.

Cave Dweller

Monkey
May 6, 2003
WHat's wrong with the my space pics? They're bigger than what can be posted here.
Ummm...... not everyone uses myspace or has any intention of joining it. I followed the first link to some other link and no photos to be found.

What wrong with just posting them here, or use photo bucket and paste the img link in or something.

redical

Monkey
May 19, 2004
The link works. It goes to a little press release & the pic links are within the body. You don't have to join my space to see them.

Ummm...... not everyone uses myspace or has any intention of joining it. I followed the first link to some other link and no photos to be found.

What wrong with just posting them here, or use photo bucket and paste the img link in or something.

jcook90

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2006
Connecticut
The link works. It goes to a little press release & the pic links are within the body. You don't have to join my space to see them.
no people without myspace can see the press release but not the linked pictures. the bike looks pretty sweet tho

_*sTiTcHeS*_

Monkey
Apr 24, 2006
why would they need a prototype for that frame? looks like the duncon and the nicolai pretty much. there aren't many angles or dimensions to choose from nowadays.

drt_jumper

Monkey
May 20, 2003
Manassas Va
The only thing even remotely similar is the dropouts and the swingarm shape...everything else is completely different...leverage ratio, geometry, weight, the way the swingarm is made...no to mention the full easton front end.

redical

Monkey
May 19, 2004
why would they need a prototype for that frame? looks like the duncon and the nicolai pretty much. there aren't many angles or dimensions to choose from nowadays.
Don't be retarded, man. Why are there so many haters on these sites? No wonder it is so hard to get people behind our sports. Nothing but negativity...

drt_jumper

Monkey
May 20, 2003
Manassas Va
The one in the pics Grey with white parts....built up with retarded heavy parts, Profile cranks, Hussefelt bar/stem, Nokian Gazza. 2.6 tires, Dh tubes etc. it still only weighed 34#'s

redical

Monkey
May 19, 2004
Some pics from the test ride. I know I am partial, but I loved it!.

Handled great on the Kenter Whoops in 5" mode. It popped up stable, yet easily at speed. I was able to ride a manual through the 15 foot gaps in the cement whoops section.

Lengthened the Pike to 145mm & softened the Pro Pedal to try some slopestyle geo feel. Plush! Fun! Just point & shoot.

Met WCH, Ryan & the West Tex crew @ the Simi BMX track for some gate practice (Fontana national is around the corner). Dropped it down to 4" mode, Pro Pedal at full, and it felt like riding a 24" BMX cruiser. Great gate snaps, great manualing through the whoops section.

I think we have a winner here. Great versatile bike for the money (under $999).

Thanks to Taylor Greathead for the photography. More to come.

Attachments

redical

Monkey
May 19, 2004
For those of you thinking of getting one, you should sign up for the Soul Cycles newsletter ASAP at www.ridesoul.com

Subscribers are currently being offered a special sale price on the Matador frame of only $500 (no shock).

Yes, you read that correctly!:spam:

redical

Monkey
May 19, 2004
How's that downhill bike project coming along?
Hi,

I haven't gotten to ride the proto yet, but if you saw the spy pic posted on this website, you can see that it looks very promising. It is one of about 5 frames coming down the pipeline @ Soul.

I will post a review when I get my gruby hands on it!

LoboDelFuego

Monkey
Mar 5, 2002
Can someone explain the purpose of the two links below the shock? Unless I'm missing something, it seems like the swingarm just moves around the single pivot above the bb.

flat broke

Monkey
Nov 18, 2004
Long Beach, CA
Can someone explain the purpose of the two links below the shock? Unless I'm missing something, it seems like the swingarm just moves around the single pivot above the bb.
I believe that in theory those links should help reduce lateral flex of the rear end on the pivot. I haven't ridden one, but I don't see any reason that it wouldn't work.

Chris

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
I believe that in theory those links should help reduce lateral flex of the rear end on the pivot. I haven't ridden one, but I don't see any reason that it wouldn't work.

Chris
Yup, that's what they're for. I had custody of the proto for a bit and that link kept it nice and stiff. Just don't think about putting a longer shock on, the links won't extend.

redical

Monkey
May 19, 2004
Yup, that's what they're for. I had custody of the proto for a bit and that link kept it nice and stiff. Just don't think about putting a longer shock on, the links won't extend.
Yes, exactly. You can go the 4" shorter shock for a 4X/DJ set-up, or the longer one which gives 5" travel, but You cannot really go any longer.