Quantcast

My rides, part of the Transition Family

firevsh2o

Chimp
Feb 12, 2003
I got my Dirtbag finally built. I really like how it looks and how it rides. Now only the snow has to melt away!

I'll put Codes on when they arrive and then it's time to save for a new fork. The Sherman isn't up to the Roco. The shock really feels very plush compared to my 5th on my old AS-X. I put the TST first on positon 1 and it wallowed when pedaling and the bike felt like a full blown downhiller. Then I put the TST on position 2 and the pedal bob went away. If that feeling is really true the shock does what I expected. Only one flip of a lever and the bike switches from "allround-allmountain" to "bikepark".

Attachments

Del

Monkey
Feb 20, 2004
Alexandria, VA
I've been having trouble finding information anywhere on this and I got to thinking today - which setting on the Preston rear suspension is the longer of the two settings?

There are two vertical holes for the bolts to go in. My bike came built with the suspension bolt on the lower hole. Have I been riding in the 4" setting? If so that's going to be friggin' awesome to switch to the longer setting.

joelsman

Turbo Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
B'ham
the lower hole is the 5in, as it is closer to the pivot(of the swing link).

the other way to tell is to switch back and forth, the 5in setting will feel softer than the 4in using the same spring.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
So....here it is. :) Sorry for the crappy pics, a photomonkey I'm not.

Specs: (All 2007)

Frame: TBC Covert ~ Med.
Shock: Rock Shox MC 3.1
Fork: Fox Float 140 RLC
Brakes: Avid Juicy 5's (185 front/160 rear)
Shifters: SRAM X.9
F. Der.: SRAM X.7
R. Der.: SRAM X.7
Crankset/BB: Truvativ FireX (big ring to be replaced w/ E.13 bash)/Truvativ GXP XR External BB
Headset: FSA Orbit XLII
Handlebar: Truvativ Husslefelt
Grips: ODI Ruffian
Stem: Truvativ XR 31.8 5° 75mm
Seatpost: Truvativ XR
Seat: WTB SpeedV
Chain: SRAM 991
Cassette: SRAM PG980
Wheelset: Azonic Outlaw 36h
Tires: Kenda folding 2.35 DTC Nevegals (F&R)
Pedals: Crank Bros. Smartys

gsweet

Monkey
Dec 20, 2001
Minnesota
McGRP01, please take that thing for a spin and let me know how she does. infact, just ride it around your living room and down your stairs until you get yelled at...i know i would. i'm itching to ride so bad and have no bike out here in lovely st paul. please, help me live vicariously...

ohyea, and a weight please?

May 1, 2006
The ADK's
sickalicious!! the Double is such a sweet rig, and it looks even better with a nice build. the colors are killer, compliments to the owner DoubleK
i look forward to some ride reviews. welcome to the family.

pedalmunky

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
Gawd da-yamn, that's a sweet Double. Amazing-looking ride with a killer spec, man. Ya did real good.

I was sooo close to pulling the trigger on that frame before I changed my mind. And got myself a white Preston.

Summit

Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
here 'n there
Just decided to bump my stable to include 2 Transitions...trading out my beloved ASX frame for a white 07 Dirtbag, think I'll go with a DHX Air on it :D

May 1, 2006
The ADK's
ok all you Transition owners/fans check out the BLOG on there website for the new DH rig, its called the Blindside and it will be replacing the GranMal. its lighter, had more sizes to choose from, and some nice geo changes floating rear brake makeing it even more versitile. really you have to check it out.

Attachments