Quantcast

My new Turner DHR

max4

Chimp
Jun 3, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
I just finished builing my new 2008 turner dhr just in time for sea otter. I raced it this weekend and it was amazing. It handled everything on the course very well and even pedaled awesome. I can't wait for the nationals.

Specs:
Frame: 2008 Turner DHR
Fork: 2008 Fox 40 RC2
Brakes: Formula K24
Shifter: Sram X.9
Derailleur: Sram X.9
Cranks: Gravity Lights
Wheels: Mavic Deemax
Seat: SDG Ti Fly
Seatpost: Thomson Elite
Stem: Thomson X4
Pedals: Xpedo
Guide: E13 LG1
Cassette: Shimano Dura Ace
Headset: Turquiose Chris King
Chain: Sram Hollowpin
Bars: Don't Know Yet

Sorry I couldn't post pictures on ridemonkey, so here is a link [URL= "http://marshall144.pinkbike.com/album/New-Bike/.
If someone could post the picures in this thread that would be great.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
I did Sport 19-24. I got a 2.40.14. Got 2nd place. Score.

What place did you get? Where are nationals this year? heh I have no idea, but I qualified for them.

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
i love those frames, i think i may have seen your bike. i'd share my time, but i'd rather not...i had the same issue as you though, my runs started out great and i stomped the line i decided to go with through the top, but right after the climb after the log drop my chianguide folded itself into my chain. i could still pedal though, so i'm just waiting for next year.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
1 FAIN, WILL ASHLAND OR 02:38.06
2 MAURER, JOSH SCOTTS VALLEY CA 02:40.41
3 RIES, CRISTOPHER GILBERT AZ 02:41.30
4 DOMANIC, PHILIP PACIFIC GROVE CA 02:43.37
5 JOHNSON, RYAN LAGUNA NIGUEL CA 02:45.79
6 PITRA, JOEL RENO CA 02:46.02
7 BRYDEN, CASEY LOS ANGELES CA 02:47.20
8 HERKEWITZ, STEFAN SANTA CRUZ CA 02:48.21
9 HOOVER, MICHAEL MODESTO CA 02:48.30
10 MONTAGUE, LOREN PLEASANT HILL CA 02:48.43
11 XEPOLEAS, NICK PLEASANT HILLS CA 02:48.53
12 BROWN, JOSH ASHLAND OR 02:48.64

You guys not in the top 12? Better luck next year? Maybe if I beat everyone by like 5 seconds or something I would understand. Doesn't look too much like sandbagging to me.

J

Monkey
Dec 7, 2003
San Luis Obispo, CA
You guys not in the top 12? Better luck next year? Maybe if I beat everyone by like 5 seconds or something I would understand. Doesn't look too much like sandbagging to me.
I race expert but thanks for the luck. You're right though, thats a good spread- my bad. You could consider moving up too. You can hang.

Anyway... I still like this Dhr.

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
Expert here, too. I think I did about 4 races total in Sport; once I got 2 top-5's, it was time to stop sandbagging.

Do I get my ass handed to me in Expert? Yes, very often. But I'd rather challenge myself against heavier competition and tougher courses than be able to come home and tell my girlfriend and my non-riding buddies, "Hey, I got 2nd this weekend in a mountain bike race!!"

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Sorry Max4 for the derailment of the thread. I dig the bike. Whats the weight on it?

John P. / J - This is my first year of actually doing well in the past 2 years of racing in Sport (I think I only got 3 top 5 finishes in the 2 previous years and all of the other results were not very good). With my results from years past and also having a pretty major shoulder surgery that had me off my bike for almost 4 months in the winter of last year, I wasn't expecting much for this season to be honest.

My plan has always been to keep racing Sport until I am more consistent in my riding abilities and results. Once I start doing that, I will finish out with a good season and move to Expert the following season. It has become pretty clear to me that next year I will be racing Expert and most likely be getting my ass handed to me and I am totally alright with that. That being said, go ahead and keep calling me names. I don't really care. I will see you guys next year :biggrin: :monkeydance:

B.Fish

Chimp
May 7, 2007
yo, a question, do u need an iscg 05 adapter for the 08 dhr?
btw i will be using a srs or a lg1

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
yeah i know that, but idk if i need an adapter for the lg1
so you want me to tell you whether you have an ISCG old or ISCG 05 LG1?

You could look at it yourself, probably a bit more reliable than me guessing from here....