Quantcast

My new 2009 Bike

Vena

Monkey
Aug 30, 2007
Italy
I know many of you will be bored to see another "my new bike" thread...but well i'm really proud of the new team's bike that i just got for the next season:happydance:

Spec:
Frame: Large 09 Santa Cruz V10
Shock: DHX 5.0
Fork: Boxxer Team
Headset: Cane Creek
Stem: E13 Direct Stem
Handlebars: Sunline V1 745mm
Grips: Odi Rogue
Shifter/derailleur: XT Shifter, 105 SS derailleur (waiting SRAM X9)
Brakes: formula The One 200/180mm
Wheels: EX721 on hope pro2
Seatpost: waiting Thomson Elite
Seat: Sunline V1
Cranks: Saints 08
Pedals: Easton
Cassette: Shimano Dura-Ace
Chain guide: Gamut P30
Chainring: 36T E13

spliffy

Monkey
Dec 10, 2007
DURANGO Colorado
sweet bike looks realy clean and stealth but if it its a team bike why the hell are you running that gamut with all those e-13 parts put an lg on there and make it right. But sweet ass bike none the less

Vena

Monkey
Aug 30, 2007
Italy
sweet bike looks realy clean and stealth but if it its a team bike why the hell are you running that gamut with all those e-13 parts put an lg on there and make it right. But sweet ass bike none the less
Yea, you are right, i only got frame and fork from the team...the other parts in the build are coming from my old bike.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
  1. You should get Fox 40s/SRAM/I9s/Maxxis etc...
  2. Looks flexy
  3. How much does it weight?
  4. That bike looks sick
  5. Your chain is on backwards

That should cover/omit all the retards here.
Nice bike.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
7) you should get a ti spring

but seriously, looks like alot of fun, hopefully your too busy riding to check back on this thread

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
great looking bike. The photos almost look too good to be true. congratulations.

mushik

Chimp
May 9, 2007
do you always get last year's WC champion bike?
it's becoming a pattern, you know...

that's a fine stallion you got there ;)

Vena

Monkey
Aug 30, 2007
Italy
Thanks for the compliments guys.

I need an advice, does the protective films work to protect the frame from the scratch? I think that black color it's preatty easy to scratch, so i was wondering at something to protect it.

do you always get last year's WC champion bike?
it's becoming a pattern, you know...

that's a fine stallion you got there ;)
Ahah no, just lucky to have sc's importer sponsorship but you are right i think they are selling a lot of V10 this year...

Last edited:

Yeti

Monkey
May 17, 2005
yeti cave@the beach
Thanks for the compliments guys.

I need an advice, does the protective films work to protect the frame from the scratch? I think that black color it's preatty easy to scratch, so i was wondering at something to protect it.
Hey, congratulations! Your bike looks awesome!
For the downtube definitely get some clear protective film, the black paint does show some scratches after a while. Also cover all the angles with cable rubbing. And there is this little spot next to the carbon fiber mudguard where the chain sometimes slaps. I super glued little pieces of thick neoprene there.
If you ride a lot in the mud, get some paint polish. Rubbing your shorts with mud against the top tube will leave some marks after a while.
Here is mine:

CatWeasel

Chimp
Nov 12, 2008
Thanks Cecily. I too love devices that are extremely east to operate.

Yeti, isn't covering a bike with sticky plastic and bits of an old wet suit to protect its looks something of a canard? I mean, it's going to get scratched, and clearly the reason it was black in the first place was so that it can be easily touched up with a can of exhaust paint :brows:

Yeti

Monkey
May 17, 2005
yeti cave@the beach
Yeti, isn't covering a bike with sticky plastic and bits of an old wet suit to protect its looks something of a canard? I mean, it's going to get scratched, and clearly the reason it was black in the first place was so that it can be easily touched up with a can of exhaust paint :brows:
If u get the right clear plastic and do a clean job, it will be really hard to discern. Might not look as pretty as a new frame but it will look better after a few months of use than if you didn't have put the plastic on it. And the neoprene bits are really tiiiiiny. I know eventually it will get scratched and I don't care, I just try to avoid it in the first place and if it happens, it happened.