Quantcast

My faith in the local biking scene has been restored.

thebornotaku

Monkey
May 19, 2008
Northern Bay Area
And it was all over a trip to the store.

I went to the store, and when I got there there were two full suspension bikes with 8" rotors, the works, and some chick sitting next to them. I asked them if they were hers and she told me that her boyfriend (who was inside the store) had built them.

The guy had two Santa Cruz Bullets (one black, one red), both with some pretty sweet parts on them. We talked mountain bikes for a few minutes, he let me check his bikes out, I showed him mine. Oddly enough, the Bullets were lighter than my Rincon. Anywho, as it turns out, he's familiar with Ridemonkey (but not a member) and does downhill riding up in Tahoe during the summer.

These were the first full susp. bikes I'd seen outside of a shop in my town (well, good FS bikes anyways). His bike (the black one), had a Marzocchi 888 fork, Hope 8" Hydraulic brakes, 5th Element rear shock (7" of travel!) and some other freakin' sweet parts (I remeber loving how the dual crowns on the 888 plus his short stem and low riser bars looked).

He even said he might be able to hook me up with a bashguard (my bike has no bash/chainguard) and he'd see about dropping it off with Chaz at the bike shop and telling Chaz to give it to me.

And here I thought the local bike scene was just roadies and BMXers.

.Pit Steelers.

Nostradumbass
Jun 18, 2006
Hawaii
I dont see why you guys care so much if a one bike is like another..(not really) Is it because DW is a memember here and you guys hang off his balls?...for some unknown reason..

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
I dont see why you guys care so much if a one bike is like another..(not really) Is it because DW is a memember here and you guys hang off his balls?...for some unknown reason..
I enjoy the drama.
gives me something to read while I'm at work and the lounge doesn't have any boob or beer threads.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
And it was all over a trip to the store.

I went to the store, and when I got there there were two full suspension bikes with 8" rotors, the works, and some chick sitting next to them. I asked them if they were hers and she told me that her boyfriend (who was inside the store) had built them.

The guy had two Santa Cruz Bullets (one black, one red), both with some pretty sweet parts on them. We talked mountain bikes for a few minutes, he let me check his bikes out, I showed him mine. Oddly enough, the Bullets were lighter than my Rincon. Anywho, as it turns out, he's familiar with Ridemonkey (but not a member) and does downhill riding up in Tahoe during the summer.

These were the first full susp. bikes I'd seen outside of a shop in my town (well, good FS bikes anyways). His bike (the black one), had a Marzocchi 888 fork, Hope 8" Hydraulic brakes, 5th Element rear shock (7" of travel!) and some other freakin' sweet parts (I remeber loving how the dual crowns on the 888 plus his short stem and low riser bars looked).

He even said he might be able to hook me up with a bashguard (my bike has no bash/chainguard) and he'd see about dropping it off with Chaz at the bike shop and telling Chaz to give it to me.

And here I thought the local bike scene was just roadies and BMXers.
What was his name?

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
ahhh, once again your true stupidity shines like a bright star in the sky. have you considered that DW has a kick ass suspension design and there are many here and else where that love it, and include me as one also since i have a IH Hollowpoint. of course you can't. you can't see how Giant may be stealing his design and that DW's fans here on this site are trying to support him. we're not "hanging off his balls" as you put it, were supporting a guy who is a legend in FS technology. so DW is a member here! so f'ing what! so a few of us decided to back him, give him some support and you call all of us a bunch of suck ups!! screw you. just look at this on it's basic merits, large company steals from the little guy. we back the little guy because it's the right thing to do. period. you putz!

.Pit Steelers.

Nostradumbass
Jun 18, 2006
Hawaii
ahhh, once again your true stupidity shines like a bright star in the sky. have you considered that DW has a kick ass suspension design and there are many here and else where that love it, and include me as one also since i have a IH Hollowpoint. of course you can't. you can't see how Giant may be stealing his design and that DW's fans here on this site are trying to support him. we're not "hanging off his balls" as you put it, were supporting a guy who is a legend in FS technology. so DW is a member here! so f'ing what! so a few of us decided to back him, give him some support and you call all of us a bunch of suck ups!! screw you. just look at this on it's basic merits, large company steals from the little guy. we back the little guy because it's the right thing to do. period. you putz!
Yeah, so how do them there ball's taste? UFA! A few off you decided to back him up? Did he ask for help in fighting Gaint? I dont know about suspension im not gonna lie..I just ride my bike im not a tech geek like alot of you guys are or atleast act like you know. But you guys are so damn obssed with what ever he does. MRP makes the G2 yeah it's like the Lg-1 But guess what it's not an exact copy. It's based around the lg-1 but it's not the same. Please shut up.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
.Pit Steelers., what you fail to understand is that legally, the Maestro suspension design has infringed on DW's patent for years. This newest bike is just proof that as Maestro progressed, they couldn't even find a way to infringe on the patent, and make it look different.

Just goes to show you that big companies don't mind screwing the little guy IDB to make a few extra bucks.

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
Yeah, so how do them there ball's taste? UFA! A few off you decided to back him up? Did he ask for help in fighting Gaint? I dont know about suspension im not gonna lie..I just ride my bike im not a tech geek like alot of you guys are or atleast act like you know. But you guys are so damn obssed with what ever he does. MRP makes the G2 yeah it's like the Lg-1 But guess what it's not an exact copy. It's based around the lg-1 but it's not the same. Please shut up.
he didn't have to ask for support. that's the beauty of the internet. you can ask and get it or just post your opinions and get it. so my way of supporting him will be to not buy Giant products. simple as that. i wouldn't call myself obsessed with what he does, i know about the design and i bought my IH based on that, what i've read about DW and IH and other people that i've met who have a DH suspension IH. all i'm doing is showing some support for the guy like others here. i don't expect to receive anything and i don't want anything either. just supporting the little guy. can you understand that?