Quantcast

My Daughter Has Cancer

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
In my line of work I end up working with children who have gone through, or are going through, cancer treatment. Children are much stronger than any of the adults and parents. I'm sorry to hear that anyone has to deal with this and wish you and your family well. Your daughter will be fine, remember to take care of yourself, your wife and any other children that may be in your family.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
That really puts things in perspective. Good luck with the recovery! As far as cancer goes, it sounds like she has one of the "better" ones to get. Healing vibes your way for sure.

north20

Chimp
Nov 5, 2007
East Cascades - PNW
As a father of 2 daughters myself, I can't really imagine what it must feel like to cope with this. Other than to know with certainty that I'd wish it were me in their stead.

Stay strong, and quick healing to your daughter - and to the rest of your family as well. Add one more family that will be keeping you and yours in their thoughts and prayers.

splat

Nam I am
Thank you every one. the shear amount of support I have been getting from friends, CO-workers , neighbors ,,etc ,etc has been humbling, it hhas really helped me with my Faith in Mankind.

Splat

You have a good Tx regimen going for your Daughter. Support is what she needs to get through this. Shave your head as she loses her hair so she doesn't feel Odd [unless you have the serious knob head lol] get her in a support group [depression hits a lot of folks during treatment.

My wife and I have been through the the cancer roller coaster so pm me any time if you need someone to talk to

Eric

That is the plan. my Son has said he will shave his head too. I have joked with her. that hers will grow back, Mine on the other hand .......

How did she do with the Lumbar Puncture? I had one of those(just the LP not the whole procedure she had)about 10 years ago that left me in bed for a week straight with the absolute worst headache I've ever had.(Funny that I went to the doc in the first place because of a headache). Basically all my Cerebrospinal Fluid leaked out and my brain felt like it was resting directly on my skull. Ouchie.
She has had 2 of them so far ( another one on March 1st plus 4 or 5 more ) , and has done fine with both of them. of course they put her under an Anthestisia

Same with me. Words you should never have to say
they are very sobering.

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
That is the plan. my Son has said he will shave his head too. I have joked with her. that hers will grow back, Mine on the other hand .......
I was going to mention something like this, but you beat me to it.

I know she will beat the cancer. Jess is a strong girl. You should get Magster to shave her head too. :D

Thoughts and prayers to you and yours.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
My grandmother has been going through cancer treatment for over 2 years now and she's almost 80. I just remember those words from the doctor when I was the first to get to her and ask for a diagnose. His words still echo in my head.

I can't imagine that with my daughters, but my daughters will pray for her tonight. I'm sure they'd love to send her a get well card if you've got an address.

God Bless.

Matthew 19:26

Runner

Monkey
Sep 21, 2007
CT
My English teacher's daughter beat leukemia several years ago and she is now as healthy as ever, so don't lose hope. Next time I donate blood I will do it for your daughter.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
How did she do with the Lumbar Puncture? I had one of those(just the LP not the whole procedure she had)about 10 years ago that left me in bed for a week straight with the absolute worst headache I've ever had.(Funny that I went to the doc in the first place because of a headache). Basically all my Cerebrospinal Fluid leaked out and my brain felt like it was resting directly on my skull. Ouchie.
I had that too. After about 20 minutes in the morning standing upright each day before the enough of the fluid leaked out and it felt like someone was driving a nail into my head. It lasted about a week.

Best wishes to you and your family Splat!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I wish the best of luck to your daughter and your whole family. I think the idea of the guys shaving their heads is a great one.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
So sorry to hear it... sounds like it's the best possible prognosis, though, so stay strong.

Best wishes to your whole family.

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
Very sorry to hear. Prayers and best wishes to all. After having this happen to my best friend when we were 16, I have since been a lifetime bone marrow donor. Granted it may hurt, but it is worth it if your name comes up on the list when/if you may be able to help someone immensely. I would like to urge anyone who already donates organs and blood to consider signing up for this as well. It is a good cause.

I wish you the best of luck splat.

fortenndu

Turbo Monkey
Apr 22, 2008
Boone, NC
I'm really sorry to hear this man, if it helps one of my best friends had Lymphoma 2 year ago and she's 100% recovered and completely back to living a normal life.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
John, you should re-name this thread to "My daughter is kickin' cancer's ass!!!" Jess is a strong young woman with an amazing support system...she's going to go through some tough times, but with the strength and love of your family & friends, she'll be stronger than ever! Your family is always in my thoughts and prayers these days! Be strong.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Ouch man, terrible news for this to be happening, but great news to know its been caught soooo early on. Sounds like the docs have a solid plan of attack and are well on the road to ercovery already.

My prayers and thoughts are out to you and your family, and for a speedy and complete recovery for your daughter.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Man, Splat. Thoughts are with you and your entire family.

Like Binary says, it sounds positive, so stay positive.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Cancer Schmancer!

She'll beat that in no time!

Karine & Me are sending healing vibe from across the border.

Hang in there.

J.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Oh man spalt I saw your post on FB and was wondering what was going on.

Glad to hear the Dr's have such a positive outlook. Good thing you guys caught it early too!

We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

skunkty14

Monkey
May 29, 2007
Your family is in my thoughts, that's great that the docs. have a positive outlook and your daughter is echoing that. Tough road for sure but so good it was caught early.