Quantcast

My boss is an insensitive jew hater

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Today my boss walk talking to a CUSTOMER about his dog, and very casually compared the kennel he got his dog from (this is a kennel that bread a Canadian national champion dog, and it happens to be my bosses dogs dad or something like that) to Auschwitz. Normally its pretty hard to offend me, but comparing what I'm sure is a very nice dog kennel to a death camp goes WAY past that line, and being that I have BEEN to Auschwitz makes it even worse. So right then and there I start calling him out on it saying its offensive. Instead of getting an apology he says quote "well, it's not exactly like Auschwitz, there's no ovens or gas chambers" then he proceeded to laugh about it. I am all for racist and anti semitic (some times even holocaust) jokes. But making a serious comparison to well treated dogs, to what happened to Jews (and many others) during WW2, is simply inexcusable, and then laughing it off and making ANOTHER ignorant comment puts the icing on the cake.

gsweet

Monkey
Dec 20, 2001
Minnesota
i know he's your boss and all, but as a fellow jew, kick him in the nootz for me. hell, you can even blame it on me to try and avoid consequences.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Your boss sounds like a twat. I'm all about irreverent humor, but that's a bit much, especially to a customer.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Idiot. if it were a private conversation between friends, fine. But NEVER say sh!t like that to a customer!

Unless of course, you customer is Degussa.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Instead of calling him out, quit.

Don't be a pussy about it and show up for work.

Buzam

Chimp
Jan 29, 2007
Being a gentile that has not been to Auschwitz I don't find the statement that hurtful. Before you tear me a new one, I'll let you know that I am polish and that both of my grandparents spent almost 4 years as Nazi prisoners. But, I mean, he was just making a compairison between the cramped conditions... No excuse I suppose, but I wouldn't bat an eye at that statement...

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
he was just making a compairison between the cramped conditions
Agreed. Workplace goes from guy talking about his dog to someone being offended. Get the hell over yourself.

Hope you never join the Marines.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Agreed. Workplace goes from guy talking about his dog to someone being offended. Get the hell over yourself.

Hope you never join the Marines.
Part of it is the fact that he is comparing the deaths of 11 million people (he isn't joking mind you, he is making an actual comparison) to the treatment of a dog at a championship kennel. Its the fact that he is marginalizing those deaths and that suffering that makes me mad, ignorance is not an excuse in this case either, the guy has a general enough idea of history. Joking about it is one thing, it's a good way to make a difficult subject easier to deal with, and a lot of times its funny.

I am also mad that he made an oven crack when he was trying to defend his actions. When some one is offended, making another ignorant comment instead of apologizing or even stopping is in no way OK

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
I've often thought that your crimes against the English language were comparable to what Nazi Germany did to the Jewish people.

I'd call it even...

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I was there, and what bothered me is the casual attitude our boss had toward the whole matter.

I make horrible jokes about Jews (and I receive horrible jokes about Asians), but I don't make casual or serious comments that are racist or anti-Semitic.

Privately, I gave my boss a ton of crap, and I was accused of being too sensitive toward race. I told him that I didn't care what his opinions were, but if he thinks he is not racist, then when a customer accuses him of it, I won't support him, no matter what the circumstance is.

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Now that you have thrown your internet temper tantrum, do you feel better?

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
To compound one insensitive comment with another is well, insensitive. And indicative of a big dose of dumbassosity.
But is it a cool dog?

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Purebred show dog...yep.

Let's breed German Shepards with such a sloped back that they can barely walk and make it a standard! Let's breed Collies with a pointy nose above everything else!

It's stupid. And I have a purebred Lab...
I've been breeding some West Virginians with such close-set eyes that they're nearly cycloptic.

And insensitivity is not the same thing as anti-semitism. I also think people are far to sensitive about insensitivity.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I hate you...you made me blow milk out of my nose. Do you know how much that stings?
One time I was eating a chocolate chip cookie with really really big chocolate chunks, and lots of them. It was closer to a chocolate bar than a cookie. Someone said something really funny, and I shot melted chocolate out of my nose. That sucked. It hurt, and my nose was full of chocolate all day. I was blowing my nose continually, and it just kept coming. :disgust1:

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I've been breeding some West Virginians with such close-set eyes that they're nearly cycloptic.
If you can pull off a real cyclops, that'll be about the coolest thing ever. Get back to me on that.

cannondalejunky

ease dropper
Jun 19, 2005
Arkansas
One time I was eating a chocolate chip cookie with really really big chocolate chunks, and lots of them. It was closer to a chocolate bar than a cookie. Someone said something really funny, and I shot melted chocolate out of my nose. That sucked. It hurt, and my nose was full of chocolate all day. I was blowing my nose continually, and it just kept coming. :disgust1:
i was eating general tso chicken once, and didn't realize that i had eaten one of the peppers and gagged...the pepper some how got stuck in my nose...it burned like hell...i was standing outside for about 5 min trying to blow it out of my nose