Quantcast

My 1st skinny in MI

Uncle Jimmi

Chimp
Nov 17, 2005
This turned out to be the most challenging skinny I have ever done.
We made braces to hold the weight of the log, but when we cut the log it sprung up lifting the a-frame 8 inches above the ground.
The skinny wobbles a little until you get past 1/2 way across, then it settles down for the drop.

Uncle Jimmi

Chimp
Nov 17, 2005
How big of a drop off is it? That looks pretty awesome.
About 6 feet

Matt came out to help build and ride today and I had never met him before.
He has seen my post on MMBA and sent me his # and showed up with a few nice planks and lots of energy. We walked the property and I showed him the tree that had fallen and was almost ride able. I was pleasantly surprised when he said “looks SICK Lets do it!”
When we cut the end off and it lifted the A-frame we made to support the skinny we busted out laughing, then he asked well how do you want to fix this? After a moment to think I said, we don’t, lets just ride it the way it is. We laughed lots more as we grabbed our bikes and tried 30 or more times before I finally cleaned it. Matt had gotten his front wheel to the end as the back wheel slipped off and he dropped 6 feet to his hip. It’s a good thing the ground is soft. After lunch we went back out and Matt was determined to clean the “wonder woody” and he did! It was so cool to see him make it and to be so stoked. This was my first day of riding on my property and it was awesome. I think we are going again tomorrow.

Thanks Matt, I had a blast, and you got skills!